Wellness Department Water Aerobic Students Accomplishments in Five Weeks
We are off to a great start improving fitness, health and nutrition in water aerobics. Each week we do a shallow end work out and a deep end work out and also talk about a health topic. Health topics discussed so far are blood pressure, cholesterol, what does your plate look like (choosemyplate.gov), Body Mass Index, and the proper nutrients students should be eating on a daily basis.
The students have achieved the following health and fitness goals:
- LIA- is not drinking any more pop and has more energy
- JEREMY- has more energy, body is stronger, and is eating more fruits and vegetables
- JESSICA B.-has more energy and more endurance during work outs and for her daily tasks.
- NATALIE-down 2 pant sizes (size 22 to 18) and does not eat white bread anymore. Only 100% whole wheat. She also has more energy.
- LOGAN-has dropped 13 pounds.
- HENRITA-Blood Pressure has gone from 160/90 to 140/80. Henrita has stopped eating fried food. She also has more motivation each day.
- JESSICA P. –is sleeping better and has more determination to work out and get healthy.
- AMBER-has more energy through the day and is sleeping better at night.
- ANTHONY-his whole outlook on his day has changed. He looks forward to coming to school. Water Aerobics has given him energy and he is more positive.
- MARCUS-does not drink soda or eat fast food anymore. Has more energy and has lost a few pounds.
Congratulations to the Water Aerobics class (12:45 with Melanie Schiele Gady). These students have worked hard during class and more importantly when they leave. We are changing our health for the better one day at a time.
Stay Healthy and Fit!Explore posts in the same categories: Wellness