Acceptable Use of Technology Policy Highlights
- “This policy is not intended to abridge academic freedom or the constitutional guarantees of freedom of speech or freedom of expression.”
- New revision date and change in revision cycle from two years to four years.
Acceptable Use Agreement Highlights revised to read as follows:
- “All users accessing GRCCnet as well as the Internet are responsible for adhering to codes of conduct, rules, laws and regulations governing the use of computer and telecommunication resources. Examples include but not limited to laws of libel, privacy, copyright, trademark, obscenity, child pornography, the Electronic Communication Privacy Act and the computer Fraud and Abuse Act.”
- Simplified to reduce redundancy throughout.
- Added: “This policy is not intended to abridge academic freedom or the constitutional guarantees of freedom of speech or freedom of expression.”
- Changed the “Acceptance and Acknowledgement” to: “I understand that any violation of this agreement will result in disciplinary action which may include but is not limited to the following: written discipline, revocation of the user’s accounts, termination of employment, suspension, or expulsion from GRCC and/or legal action taken by GRCC. Permanent revocations may result from recommendations by the Information Technology department of GRCC or other authorities which may be called upon to investigate computer and/or network abuse. Disciplinary action, as documented in GRCC Policies and Procedures and the GRCC Student Code of Conduct, will be determined solely by GRCC according to the nature of the violation.”