To date, (36) GRCC employees (5%) have returned their pledge forms for a total of $8,999.22 .
Reminder: the campaign runs through Friday, November 13. To be eligible for incentives, pledge forms must be received by Tuesday November 17. Early receipt of pledge forms is welcomed.
The following offerings are available from November 9-18, 2009 from the Learning Academy for Faculty & Staff:
- Camtasia Relay | Monday, November 9 3-4 p.m.
- What’s New in Word 2007? | Tuesday, November 10 10-11 a.m.
- Facebook & Web 2.0 Brown Bag Session (beverages provided) — no pre-registration needed | Tuesday, November 10 noon-1 p.m. 351 Main
- Prioritizing, Selecting & Shaping Innovation | Wednesday, November 11 1-3 p.m.
- Learn About your Payroll & Benefits | Thursday, November 12 2-3 p.m.
- Zumba session begins (Cost: $12.50 for 5 weeks — Pay at the Learning Academy) | Friday, November 13 noon-12:45 p.m.
- Introduction to Blackboard Content System | Tuesday, November 17 10-11 a.m.
- Employee Massages | Tuesday, November 17 2-4 p.m. 347 Main (Cost: $10. Call 437-5734 to schedule an appointment)
- Blackboard — Communication & Collaboration | Wednesday, November 18 9-10 a.m.
- Time Mastery | Wednesday, November 18 1-3 p.m.
Register at www.grcc.edu/currentlearning unless otherwise indicated.
The Walk in October program sponsored by Be Healthy Be Fit has a winner. Here are the stats for the program:
- 77 employees registered; 35 returned tracking forms.
- 4 people walked over 100 miles.
- The folks who returned tracking forms walked a total of 2,263.75 miles — the equivalent of walking to Aspen, Colorado and back again. (Not bad for a month of walking).
The winner of a $50 gift card to either MC Sports, Meijer or the Bookstore (they get to pick) is Jan Boynton of Financial Aid. Congratulations to all those who participated.
GRCC’s Secchia Institute has gently used chrysanthemums that were used for two institute events that they would like to give away. The mums are available to anyone interested, limited to two mums per person. The mums are currently on the Heritage terrace; interested takers may enter the Heritage Restaurant terrace and pick them up.
Volleyball: SC4 hopes to rebound from ‘tough’ outing
By JOSEPH HAYES | St. Clair Times Herald | November 6, 2009
It took one practice for Chuck Weisner to feel comfortable with his St. Clair County Community College volleyball team’s mindset entering regional play this weekend at Grand Rapids Community College. The SC4 volleyball coach listened quietly when his team first met for practice this week after its semifinal loss in the Michigan Community College Athletic Association state tournament. (More) Continue reading →