GRCC’s energy manager Dorothy Burns encourages you to remember to do the following before you leave for the Thanksgiving holiday to help conserve energy (and save the college money):
- Remember to shut off all computers and monitors in your classrooms when your classes are done on Tuesday November 24th.
- When you leave for the holiday weekend, please be sure to:
- Turn off your computer, monitor, speakers, and local printers.
- Unplug chargers for cell phone, camera and other electronics.
- If possible, empty and unplug any departmental refrigerators
- Before you close that door for the long weekend, look around; is there anything still powered on that doesn’t need to be?
Help by turning off all unnecessary electrical equipment and be “Raider Green.”