A Sprinkler Fitting (Tassell M-TEC) student sent some tests and homework in an envelope to the main campus address instead of the Godfrey address. The instructors name that might be on the envelope is either Mike Peterson or Todd Peterson. If you’ve seen the rogue envelope, please send it to Kristen Seevers at the Tassell M-TEC as soon as possible; the instructor needs this info in order to give the student his final grade.
Daily Archives: December 17, 2009
Cookbooks Available for Sale at the Breakfast
Copies of the “Serving Our Community” cookbook will be available for sale at Friday’s Holiday breakfast (12/18) for $10. The cookbook features recipes from GRCC employees and all proceeds go to Heart of West Michigan United Way.
Call for Photos of Students Engaging Internationally
The Michigan Campus Compact is featuring Global Citizenship as the theme for its 2010 magazine, and they’re calling for photos of students engaged in activities internationally. If you have access to photos they might be interested in featuring GRCC students learning abroad (and approval to circulate them), contact the Communications Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks From Elaine Kampmueller
This message of thanks came in from Physical Science faculty Elaine Kampmueller:
Your kind words and expressions of sympathy on the loss of my mother have meant more than words can say during this difficult time.
Thank you so much,
Holiday Shutdown Suggestions From the IT Dept.
While preparing for the Holiday Shutdown, the IT Department would like to extend a few suggestions to help us all ease into the Winter 2010 semester:
- Unsure of a password? Call the Help Desk at 234-3688 to have your passwords reset as there will be no phone or email support during the shutdown period.
- New adjunct instructors will want to contact the Help Desk at 234-3688 to have their Novell network password set up before the Winter semester begins.
- Instructors – Test your ONLINE Center password prior to 12/23 at noon
- If you have been getting Novell expiration notifications in email during the last 30 days, be sure to change your password soon. There will not be anyone to reset it over the holidays.
- Help us in the transition of email servers by cleaning up any un-needed email and mailboxes in your GroupWise account.
- Change your GroupWise auto-reply (vacation message) to indicate when you will be returning
- Change your voice mail message to indicate when you will be returning.
More information: What to do before you go on Vacation/Holiday. If you have any questions or concerns please contact the Help Desk at extension 3688 or email ITHELP@grcc.edu.
Designer of the Green Roof on GRCC’s ATC Earns Citation
GMB Architecture + Engineering has been honored with a Landscape Architecture Citation by American School & University magazine for their work on the Green Roof that resides on GRCC’s Wisner-Bottrall Applied Technology Center. The green space (which covers 21,000 square feet) covers much of the roof and patio outside of the Heritage Restaurant on the second floor. In addition to being aesthetically-pleasing, the roof also protects the roof, processes rainwater, and insulates the building year-round (saving the college money). Read the full story here.