The deadline for the submission of grant applications for the Support Staff Professional Development (SSPD) program is 4:30 p.m., January 22, 2010. The SSPD application packet and SSPD Guidelines are available in the GRCC Internal Grants area of the Grants Office website at www.grcc.edu/grants. Please note that applications must include a SupervisorÆs Approval form, a budget form and budget documentation. If you have any questions about SSPD grants, please contact Lisa Dopke, Grants Coordinator at 234-3340 or email@example.com. Good luck!
Fall 2009 has officially come to a close – if you are submitting tuition request for reimbursement, please be reminded that you’ll need a copy of your original course approval form, paid tuition receipt and official grade received in the course(s) for which you are requesting reimbursement.
All reimbursements turned in by Friday, January 8 will be processed and reflected on your 1/22/2010 pay check. Tuition Reimbursement can be turned into Lisa Snider via e-mail, interoffice mail or hand delivery. Please feel free to call or e-mail with any questions (Lisa Snider, Lsnider@grcc.edu, ext. 3915, 403 CPPB)
The All-Employee Learning Day for the Winter 2010 semester kicks off 1/5/10 at 7:30am in the Ford Fieldhouse:
- 7:30-8:30 a.m. Continental Breakfast in Fieldhouse
- 8:30-10 a.m. Dr. Ender address
- 10:15-11:45 a.m. School Meetings
- Arts & Science in Room 200 Music Building*
- Workforce Development in ATC Auditorium
- Afternoon – Department Meetings — check with your Dept. Head
- 4, 5 & 6 p.m. Online/Hybrid orientation for students – ATC Open Computer Lab Classroom
- 5:30- 9 p.m. Adjunct Faculty Meetings
- Arts & Science in the Raider Grill (aka The cafeteria) in the Student Center
- Workforce Development in the ATC Banquet Rooms (rooms 118, 120, 122, 124)
* The Arts & Science School Meeting will begin at 10:15 a.m. or 15 minutes after Dr. Ender’s presentation if it concludes before 10:15.
Former Grand Rapids Press Editor Mike Lloyd takes over as executive director of Broadway Grand Rapids
By Jeffrey Kaczmarczyk | The GR Press | January 04, 2010, 4:07PM
GRAND RAPIDS — Mike Lloyd, retired editor of The Grand Rapids Press, has been named executive director of Broadway Grand Rapids. […] Lloyd is a member of the operating board for St. Mary’s Hospital and foundation boards of both Grand Valley State University and Grand Rapids Community College. (More)
Editorial: A new kind of high school
By The Grand Rapids Press Editorial Board | January 05, 2010, 9:00AM
The traditional high school doesn’t work for every student. For proof, consider Michigan’s statewide graduation rate: 75 percent. Graduation rates at Holland Public Schools are near the state average. Community leaders are taking aim at the problem by proposing a new kind of high school for the district, using an innovative national model called New Tech High. […] Also, students are exposed to college, earning 12 credits through dual enrollment. Top Hope College representatives are on board, and Grand Rapids Community College has expressed support. (More)
The Lyon ramp elevators will be out of service until parts arrive to make repairs. It is anticipated repairs will be made by beginning of the semester, January 7th.
Congratulations to Holly Hoare (Tutorial Coordinator in the Biology Learning Center) and her husband Brad on the birth of their son Samuel James Hoare who arrived on December 24, 2009 at 8:28 a.m. weighing 9 lbs. 10 oz and measuring in at 22 inches long.
- Sneden Hall
- Main Building, 1st Floor
- Main Building, 4th Floor
- Science Building, 1st Floor
- ATC, 2nd Floor (outside Art & Bev’s)
- Thursday, January 7, 7:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. and 5:00 -6:30 p.m.
- Monday, January 11, 7:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. and 5:00 -6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, January 12, 7:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. and 5:00 -6:30 p.m.