Art and Bevs Bistro special menu for February 9-12, 2010:
- ¼ lb Rodeo Burger served w/Provolone cheese, BBQ, Bacon, topped w/Onion rings. Served w/Fries $5.00
- Rodeo Burger ½ lb w/Fries $ 6.00
- Pesto chicken pizza
- Fire Roasted Vegetable/ Cheeseburger Chowder
- Panini Bar $5.00
- Piled high pulled pork sandwich w/ fries $5.00
- Margarita Pizza w/Tomato & Basil
- Chicken Tortilla/Cream of Broccoli
- Pasta Bar $5.00
- Taste of the Chi Chicago Dog served w/ Fries $3.50
- Add a dog for $1.00
- Thai Chicken Pizza
- Ham &Bean/ Minestrone
- House made Beef stew served in a Bread bowl $4.00
- Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza
- Southwest Chicken Chili/French Onion
The Nursing Department would like to welcome the NLNAC (National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission) site visitors to our campus. Please join us in making them feel welcome!
GRCC’s student-run Heritage Restaurant is operated as a lab environment for the college’s Secchia Institute for Culinary Education. Every semester, the menu changes and offers new and enticing epicurean delights.
For a full slideshow, click here. For more information (including hours, menus, and directions/reservations) visit www.grcc.edu/heritage
On Thursday, February 11th, the IT Department will be preforming network maintenance & upgrades in the Main building. This work will be conducted after 10:00 PM and will not interfere with classes or normal office work. If you experience any network difficulties after this service has been completed, please contact the Help Desk at 234-3688 or ITHelp@grcc.edu.
On Friday, February 12th, the IT Department will be upgrading the WebAccess interface of the GroupWise email system (mail.grcc.edu). A few of the key improvements you will experience include:
- Scrollable Item Lists: Your message list now contains all items in your Mailbox, rather than displaying only 20 items at a time.
- Auto Save: GroupWise WebAccess automatically saves a copy of the item you are composing every 10-60 seconds. This is helpful if your Web browser crashes unexpectedly.
- Spell Check: GroupWise WebAccess uses a new spell checker that highlights all the misspelled words in your subject or message fields. You can choose to automatically check each message you create before you send it.
- Name Completion: When addressing a new mail message, the system automatically searches for a name when you begin to type. As you type, the remainder of the name fills in for you.
- Graphical Calendar Interface: Calendars display in a way that allows you to choose a Day, Week, or Year view. You can also quickly add appointments, notes, and tasks in your Calendar and see a summary view of an item by mousing over that item.
- Multiple Personal Calendars: You can now create one or more personal calendars, in addition to the main GroupWise Calendar.
Additionally, once this is completed, forwarding of email will once again properly include text and attachments.
GRCC will hold its 4th Annual Teaching, Learning, and Technology Showcase again this year Friday, March 12, 2010 – 12:00 to 2:00 in the ATC Atrium. The event is an “eposter/exhibit type” event and it is designed as an informal opportunity to provide faculty with the ability to share with each other how they are using technology for teaching and learning. If you are leveraging technology to enhance student success, please consider presenting at this years showcase.
More information, and to submit a proposal to present, please visit the Showcase web site at: www.grcc.edu/showcase
The latest offerings from GRCC’s cable channel (Channel 28 / HETA) are now available at www.grcc.edu/channel28
Of special interest are programs like World Affairs Council of Western Michigan; “The Global Financial Mess: Crisis or Just a Crunch?” presented by Jim Zarroli, NPR (above), Cooking With Angus #77: Sicily and #78 Delski’s Part 2, The International Guitar Series with Chris Proctor, “Mini Meals: Let’s Rethink Snacking,” GVSU Hauenstein Center’s Healthcare Summit 2010; “Health Care Reform: Implications for Addressing Health Disparities,” Global Issues Summit on Human Trafficking from Kuyper College, “The Truth Behind Child Slavery.” You can also check out GRCC’s downloadable podcasts at www.grcc.edu/raidercast
Career fair Tuesday at DeVos Place 2-6 p.m.
WOOD TV | Tuesday, 09 Feb 2010, 6:57 AM EST
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) — More than 150 employers will set up shop during a career fair Tuesday. Grand Valley State University is sponsoring CareerFest and Health Career Day, which will be held from 2-6 p.m. at DeVos Place Convention Center in Grand Rapids. The event is supported by Aquinas College, Baker College, Calvin College, Grand Rapids Community College, Hope College, Kendall College of Art and Design, Muskegon Community College, Cornerstone University and Davenport University. (More)
Workers tell stories on how job retraining changed their lives
By Julia Bauer | The Grand Rapids Press | February 08, 2010, 12:32PM
[Features GRCC Student Denny Rider – who has appeared in college promotional videos.]
GRAND RAPIDS — For 27 years, Dennis Rider worked his shift at Steelcase Inc. and spent his free time working on his car. But the idea of a career as a master mechanic didn’t surface until the Pierson resident found himself out of a job in March 2007. With work shifting from his Kentwood plant to Alabama, and other facets flowing to Mexico suppliers, Rider and many peers found themselves without a paycheck, but faced with a rare opportunity — retooling for new careers. (More)
Haiku Middle Passage, the multi-disciplinary art exhibit, first hosted at GRCC in 2007 is still touring! Marygrove College invites the public to participate in an interactive arts exhibition featuring haiku written about the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade. People are encouraged to view the exhibit, and then respond to poet Mursalata Muhammad on her blog. Responses can be musical, written, visual, or performing.
The exhibit runs February 21 – March 20, 2010. The opening reception is Sunday, February 21 from 3 – 6pm.