The ‘Learning Academy for Faculty and Staff’ is now called ‘Employee Professional Development & Enrichment’ and is located on the 4th Floor of College Park Plaza. Members of this department include: Steve Wagner (Executive Director of Organizational Learning, email@example.com), Liz Timmer (Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org), MaryBeth VanTill (Staff Facilitator, email@example.com), and Pam DeGryse (Education Support Professional, firstname.lastname@example.org).
Employee Professional Development & Enrichment will continue to facilitate improvement at GRCC by offering professional development opportunities, promoting employee enrichment, and enhancing work-group effectiveness.
This work includes:
- New employee on-boarding
- Training to enhance
- Work-related competencies (e.g., Best Practices for Meetings)
- Technology skills (e.g., Microsoft Office, Groupwise)
- Social skills (e.g., Collaborative Communication)
- Institutional functioning and change (e.g., M & C Performance Evaluation)
- Risk management (e.g., Sexual Harassment)
- Compliance with legally-mandated knowledge/skills (e.g., Right to Know)
- GRCC’s Leadership Institute
- Rewards and Recognition
- Employee Wellness
- Personal Enrichment
Continue to watch GRCC Today for employee learning opportunities as well as the other programs formerly part of the Learning Academy or go to www.grcc.edu/la for full program offerings and information (note: our website will be updated in the near future). Faculty professional development will now be coordinated by The Center for Teaching Excellence under the direction of Dr. Ric Underhile.