As announced in Fall 2009, GRCC has a new system for managing web content. Since that time the IT department has been configuring the system and preparing training for employees. This new system will help us 1) better organize content, 2) provide a more uniform look and feel that reinforces the college’s visual identity, and 3) more easily share information from other systems and departments.
Our goal is to have content moved to this new system by December 2010!
Some departments were moved over early as part of the pilot phase of the new system. If you’d like to see what their sites look like – visit the links below:
– Admissions/Enrollment Center
– Student Records
– Library and Learning Commons
– Counseling and Career Center
– Occupational Therapy Assistant Program
– Radiologic Technology
Currently 25 other departments are in the process of moving over to the new system. We will be providing weekly updates to you through GRCC Today. Please contact Peggy Gorno if you have any questions.
BCBSM, our West Michigan Health Insurance Pool administrator will be transitioning to Medco as our pharmacy vendor effective July 1, 2010. They are committed to making a seamless, easy transition to Medco.
Here’s what you’ll need to know about the transition:
- Beginning mid-May and continuing through June, WMHIP members will receive new BCBSM ID cards that identify Medco as their pharmacy claims processor.
- It is important that you discard your existing card after July 1 and beginning July 1, you will need to show your new ID card to your pharmacist.
- The old card should be used through June 30, 2010, for covered prescription drug services, then discarded after this date.
- Because the new ID card contains important information that pharmacists require to process eligible drug claims, an informational ID card stuffer will accompany your ID card .
- The change doesn’t affect your current prescription drug benefits. NO CHANGE IN PRESCRIPTION BENEFITS!
- Our Michigan retail pharmacy networks won’t change.
- Medco has extensive national pharmacy networks outside Michigan.
This change will NOT affect your current mail-order program.
The GRCC Police Academy Places First and Second in the Public Safety Team Division at the River Bank Run on Saturday, May 08, 2010.
- First Place in the 5k goes to Zachary Gregory, Brian Clay, Kelsey Johnson, Chad Lynn, Noah Farrant, Nick Asmus, James Connell, Nicholas Weemhoff, Travis Kusmierski
- Second Place in the 10k goes to Gilbert Mbarushimana, Chad Nawrocki, James Dyer, Bo Peters, Anthony Jacob, Jason Daunis, Kim Bazan, Jodi Richhart, Ashley Lubberts
Faculty can now request Library and Information Literacy Instruction and/or seating for “research only” sessions for Summer 2010 courses using online request forms. The forms are located on the LLC’s website under both “Forms” and “Faculty Resources.”
Information Literacy Instruction for classes meeting outside of the LLC’s Summer hours, or at off-campus locations, is possible when reserved at least 2 weeks prior to the session.
The LLC’s Summer 2010 Hours are:
- Monday – Thursday: 8 AM – 8 PM
- Friday: 8 AM – 5 PM
- Saturday – Sunday: CLOSED
Librarians are indebted to Patrick LaPenna for writing the code for the forms, and to the faculty and staff who tested them.
Richard Godfrey appointed to the Van Buren County Board of Commissioners
By Rod Smith | Special to the Kalamazoo Gazette | May 12, 2010, 12:23AM
PAW PAW – Van Buren County’s District 3 has a new county commissioner: Richard Godfrey of Bloomingdale. Van Buren County commissioners chose Godfrey on Tuesday from a field of six candidates from that area, which consists of Bloomingdale, Pine Grove and Almena townships, including the city of Gobles. […] The 67-year-old is vice-president of the board of directors of Bloomingdale Communications and is a retired professor from Grand Rapids Community College. (More)
Rain ends national tourney chances for Grand Rapids Community College men’s golf team
By The Grand Rapids Press | May 11, 2010, 9:15PM
BATTLE CREEK — Tuesday’s rain appears to have cost the Grand Rapids Community College men’s golf team a trip to the National Junior College Athletic Association national tournament in Arizona. Rain forced the cancellation of Tuesday’s final round of the Region XII tournament at Bedford Valley Golf Club after 12 holes. (More)
GRCC hikes tuition for Fall semester – Trustees ‘have cut $2 million from expenses’
Tuesday, 11 May 2010, 12:35 PM EDT
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) – It will cost more for classes at GRCC this Fall. Their board of trustees voted to raise tuition for the Fall Semester for residents, non-residents and out-of-state students. (More)