UPDATE: The 2010 Summer Bahamian Celebration buffet is sold out – thank you all for your interest!
GRCC’s Heritage Restaurant will be serving a buffet-style, all-inclusive menu for its Summer Bahamian Celebration 2010. GRCC culinary classes are collaborating to present you with two final days of service. Please join us and help us to end our semester with this fun celebration. Our $15 menu includes all beverages, food, and gratuity.
- For reservations, please contact us at The Heritage: (616) 234-3700 (www.grcc.edu/heritage)
- Hours for the buffet include Wednesday and Thursday, the 16th and 17th of June, from 11:15 am to 12:30 pm.
Summer Bahamian Celebration Menu
- Conch Chowder
- Grilled Sweet Potato and Coconut Salad with a Papaya Dressing
- Jerk Pork and Chicken
- Peas and Rice
- Sweet YamsSeasoned Plantains
- Papaya Mango Chutney
- Bahamian Johnny Bread
- Caribbean Dessert
- TD Bahama Breeze
GRCC’s Media Technologies department put together this piece about Ottaway Hills students who went through a 10-week program designed to teach innovative thinking:
GRCC’s RaiderCard system is being upgraded to better serve students and to comply with new security regulations, and as a result it will be out of service from 6:00 p.m. Thursday, June 17, 2010 until 12:00 a.m. on Saturday, June 19, 2010.
How will this down time impact students?
- Student parking will be free during the down time.
- Student printing will still be available.
- All campus restaurants, Bookstore and departments will NOT accept the RaiderCards as method of payment during down time.
- RaiderCard Machines, copy and vending readers will also NOT accept RaiderCards.
- The RaiderCard tab on Blackboard will be disabled.
- Students will not be able to make payments with their RaiderCards in the Cashier’s Office.
- No new RaiderCards will be issued during the down time.
Questions regarding this upgrade may be directed to Paulo Teles (email@example.com)
Several years ago, GRCC retained the services of Energy Education to save money by conserving energy and making our operations more efficient. Interested in learning more about Energy Education and what they do? – Check out their latest newsletter:
In an effort to improve customer service, Shipping and Receiving will be requiring a department signature for parcel deliveries. This is necessary to improve accountability for GRCC as a whole. Additionally, GRCC does not assume responsibility for personal deliveries. Personal deliveries should not be directed to GRCC. Please contact Melissa Davis @ x3853 or Mansfield Matthewson @ x3851 with any concerns. We thank you for your cooperation!
GRCC was pleased to host 141 Golfers at the 27th Annual GRCC Mike Flanagan Golf Outing.
Grand Prize Winners:
- Airfare for Two – Connie Crumpton-Armijo
- S10e Netbook – Candy Norder
- Steelcase Leap Chair – Andy Bowne
- Dinner for 8 @ McCabe Marlowe – Eric Mullen
- Dinner for 8 @ McCabe Marlowe – Outside Vendor
- Outdoor Storage Shed – Mike Rowe
- 1st Place – Golf Team w/score of 57 – GMB Architecture & Engineering | ea. $100 Gift Certificate/Boulder Creek
- 2nd Place – Golf Team w/score of 58 – Pioneer Construction | ea. $75 Gift Certificate/Boulder Creek
- 3rd Place – Golf Team w/score of 60 – Margaret Sesselmann’s Team | ea. $50 Gift Certificate/Boulder Creek
- 4th Place – Golf Team w/score of 60 – Shaw Contract Group | ea. $25 Gift Certificate/Boulder Creek
The following event winners received $25 Gift Certificates/Boulder Creek:
- Hole #3 – Closest to the Pin – Men & Women
Brett Roach – GMB Architecture & Engineering
Mary Ann Cartwright – Rhoades McKee
- Hole #9 – Longest Drive in the Fairway – Men & Women
Brad Hemmes – GMB Architecture & Engineering
Kim Goerner – Margaret Sesselmann’s Team
- Hole #13 – Closest to the Pin – Men & Women
- Hole #6 – 50/50 Closest to the Pin
Gary Cudney – Carl Walker, Inc. – 1’8″ $258 Purse
The college raised $305 at the Betting Hole, $257.00 50/50 and $680 on Mulligan Sales, and a whopping $4,305 in Raffle Ticket Sales – making it another successful year.
Total Proceeds of $17,789.11 (up $175.11 from last year) will go to the Unrestricted Scholarship Fund for GRCC students.