Grand Rapids Community College selects Chief of Police
Jessica Puchala | Updated:12/14/2010 10:22:52 PM
KENT COUNTY, Mich. (WZZM)- Grand Rapids Community College is filling an important position that has been open since July. Captain Rebecca Whitman of the Grand Rapids Police Department will take over as the school’s Chief of Police. Whitman has been with the Grand Rapids Police for more than 24 year, starting as an intern back in 1986. (More)
City Police veteran Whitman tapped to head GRCC department
Published: Tuesday, December 14, 2010, 4:29 PM | Dave Murray | The Grand Rapids Press
GRAND RAPIDS – Rebecca Whitman, a 25-year veteran of the Grand Rapids Police Department, has been named chief of the Grand Rapid Community College Police. Whitman replaces Cindy Kennell, who died in July. (More)
Editorial: A piece of the pie: Lawmakers need to be responsible and responsive
Published: Wednesday, December 15, 2010, 7:01 AM | Paula Holmes-Greeley | The Muskegon Chronicle
It was disappointing that Muskegon Community College’s request for $3.75 million in state funding to help build a visual arts and media center was not among the eight community college and university projects that received funding during a lame-duck session of the legislature earlier this month. […] Approximately 25 proposals were initially considered, including $75 million for construction at Grand Valley State University, the Grand Rapids campus of Ferris State University and Grand Rapids Community College, which also was denied. (More)
GRCC’s United Way team and the Academic Service Learning Center would like to thank the following groups for helping stock the shelves of the SECOM and North Kent Service Center pantries: College Park Plaza, Sneden Hall, Applied Technology Center, English Department, Gerontology Club, and the Black Student Union. Winners will receive an e-mail from Kelsey this coming Friday detailing prize pick-up instructions.
An extra-large thank you to the following:
- 1st Place: Black Student Union (140 lbs) winning a Catered Event courtesy of Aaron Chew & Food Services
- 2nd Place: College Park Plaza (130 lbs) winning gift cards from Celebration Cinema
- 3rd Place: Tassell M-Tec (112 lbs) winning a $50 gift card for Papa Johns Pizza donated by Student Life
And a GIANT Thank you to:
- Bob Lacy and the Facilities team for assisting in the set-up of the POD, transporting boxes and many pounds of food!
- ASLC Student Assistants for weighing, tracking and transporting food
GRCC’s IT department has a video tutorial for changing your email auto-reply during the holiday shutdown. Click here to check it out.
Randy Lee is now on his way to warmth, relaxation, and retirement. His colleagues sent him off to Florida after a nice retirement reception at the Tassell M-TEC. Here are a few pictures that were taken during the soiree:
College Ave will be closed from Lyon St. to Fountain St. from 12/15/10 at 8:00 a.m. – 12/16/10 at 4:00 p.m. for the emergency repair of a gas main. During the closure, the Northbound Detour is Fountain to Union to Lyon to College, and the Southbound Detour is Lyon to Prospect to Fountain to College.
Please post that Room 205 – 207 will not be available for lunch on Wednesday as the are is being set-up for a special event on the second floor of the Student Center.
Reminder: IT Customer Support Team is doing an inventory of all computers on campus and they need your input:
1. Click on the following URL. Open “The List” and confirm the information about your equipment www.grcc.edu/replacement
2. If your information is not correct. Use the form on the website to send the correct information
3. Read the FAQ’s on the website. This will assist you with any questions you may have