Take a moment to enjoy the talents of GRCC’s students and faculty as recorded by the Media Technologies department during the “Songs for the Holidays” concert on December 5, 2010 featuring the GRCC Choral Ensembles:
Daily Archives: December 20, 2010
Print Solutions Holiday Hours for 12/22/10
Print Solutions will be open from 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Wednesday, December 22nd.
GRCC in the News: 12/18/10-12/20/10
Newsmaker Q&A: Raul Alvarez, Director of communications, Grand Rapids Community College – Communicating community revitalization
Holland Sentinel | Stephen Kloosterman
Holland, MI — Holland native Raul Alvarez started work last week as director of communications for Grand Rapids Community College. GRCC has seen an increased presence in the Holland area in recent years, even though students here pay nearly double what students in the Grand Rapids area do, because Holland isn’t a part of the college’s tax base. [Full Story Requires Subscription] (More)
Ferris State board approves buying space on Grand Rapids’ Medical Mile, but location on pharmacy program still a mystery
Published: Friday, December 17, 2010, 5:04 PM | Rick Wilson | The Grand Rapids Press
GRAND RAPIDS – The Ferris State University Board of Trustees on Friday authorized the purchase of space on Grand Rapids’ Medical Mile where it plans to begin offering instruction for its doctor of pharmacy program next fall. […] Ferris currently offers undergraduate pharmacy classes in Grand Rapids and has had a partnership with Grand Rapids Community College’s Applied Technology Center for more than a decade. (More)
Details show Caitlin Baker, 19, was eastbound on M-21, but fault still undetermined in fatal crash
Published: Friday, December 17, 2010, 2:12 PM | John Tunison | The Grand Rapids Press
LOWELL TOWNSHIP — A police reconstruction of Wednesday’s crash on M-21 that killed 19-year-old Caitlin Baker shows the teen was driving east on the stretch, but police have not said who was at fault. […] Baker was a full-time student at Grand Rapids Community College. She excelled at tennis, made the OK White all-conference girls tennis team earlier this year and was considering playing for GRCC. (More)
New Year Activities from the WE Team
Here are few events being planned by the WE (Wellness & Enrichment) Team for the new year (there will be more — this is just to get you started). Watch GRCC Today for complete details at the beginning of the new semester.
- Get the Point — This is a new program that was piloted during the fall semester. It will be ready for launch to the GRCC employees January, 2011.
- Family Bowling Outing — Saturday, January 22, 2011 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Weeky Fitness Course — This will be a 9 week course with 3 different fitness topics: yoga, pilates & stretching. One topic will be addressed each Friday beginning January 28 from 12:15-12:45 p.m.
- Crazy Office Olympics — This team event will be held Thursday, March 10, 2011 from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. in the Fieldhouse.
Reminder: More Canon Printer/Copiers on the way
Tuesday Canon will be rolling in more of the new copier/printers. These will be placed by your current copier/printer unless there is not enough room. If you have a particular area you would like them to place the new device instead, please let them know when they arrive on Tuesday. A couple Canon’s have been installed and IT is improving the process while getting student labs ready for the new semester. The full roll out will start in January. We will start by replacing the HP 9040’s with a target completion date of January 30th for the first 25 printers. The offices that currently have HP 9040’s will be contacted for a installation and training date.
The goal is to:
- Have labs loaded and ready for the start-up of the Winter Semester
- Lab Coordinators trained
- Lab Coordinators ready to assist students in this new technology
- The remainder of staff office areas set-up after semester start-up replacing the HP9040 models first with the remainder models to follow, unless your HP device dies first
- Each area scheduled ahead of time to let you know what date and time the new device will be implemented.
- A trained Canon representative to train staff.
- A video you can watch on your computer and then give it a try if you can not make the training session
- If you still need some assistance, your office ESP will gladly assist you or the instructions at the device should guide you through the basic process.