New or Revised Policies approved by Cabinet 2/22/2011
1. Revised: Investment Policy
- Updates employee titles.
- Revises provisions to ensure consistency with legislated changes to the investment statute for Michigan community colleges, effective December of 2009.
- Provides enhanced flexibility to:Allow the use of financial institutions outside Kent County;
- Eliminate the requirement to obtain a minimum number of quotes for all investment purchases
- Allow investment amounts to be based on payroll requirements, available rates and the security of principal.
2. New: Criminal History Check Policy
- Codifies GRCC’s current practices regarding conducting criminal background checks for new employees and students entering health and education programs as well as the Police Academy.
- Directs persons to websites where they can obtain more specific information pertaining to unique departmental criminal history screening procedures.
3. Revised: Purchasing Policy
- Updates supplier non-discrimination clause to match GRCC EEO policy.
- Modifies language to allow for advertisement /solicitation/acceptance of bids in appropriate media (online – e.g. Bid4Michigan.com)
- Adds $25 limit on personal gifts from suppliers.
- Prohibits the use of College funds to purchase gifts and gift cards except for student incentives. The purchase of gift cards for student incentives requires EBCO approval.
- Adopts Micro Local Business Enterprise bid discount to provide enhanced competitiveness for suppliers engaging certified MLBEs.
- Adds language to allow bids to be postponed for extraordinary circumstances (e.g. – extreme weather)