Lyon St. will be closed from Division to Ionia from June 7-13 for an emergency steam line repair. In addition, Ionia will be down to one lane during that time. The detours around the closure are:
- Westbound to I-196: Division to Crescent
- Wesbtound Lyon St: Division to Pearl to Ionia
More information available here.
The orange barrels will be reappearing very soon. Here are three different projects that will affect drivers going to and from campus.
1. Lyon St. between Division and Ionia is closed now for emergency repairs. It is scheduled to be finished Monday, June 13.
2. As you may already know from local news coverage, the city is planning on changing Division Avenue from five lanes to three lanes between Michigan Street and Wealthy Street. This “road diet” is a one-year pilot project to experiment with traffic calming techniques that would improve traffic flow, slow vehicles down, reduce accidents and improve the environment for pedestrians and bicyclists. The reduction in lanes will be accomplished by restriping -no digging – so the changes will go into effect quickly. The City has told us the restriping will be done June 18-19 with a rain date of June 25-26. The City will launch a web site to collect feedback on this pilot, and we will provide a link to that site as soon as it is live.
3. College Avenue, between Fountain and Fulton is scheduled for water main replacement. This will close College Avenue to through traffic, and also cause occasional closures or traffic shifts and the intersections. Traffic will still be able to go east on Fountain from Main Campus to the DeVos campus to enter the parking area. Beginning on Monday, parking gates at Sneden will be up at all locations to ease entrance/exit and avoid the construction project, which could begin as early as Monday, June 13th.
Please watch GRCC Today for further updates.