Just a reminder that the Center for Teaching Excellence is offering our first Adjunct Faculty Learning Day of the academic year this Saturday.
Saturday, September 17, 8:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
Downtown Campus, Applied Technology Center – Meet in room 124
8:30 – 9:00 Registration, networking, continental breakfast, ATC 124
9:00 – 9:30 Welcome by Dr. Ric Underhile, Associate Dean of Instructional Support and Interdisciplinary Studies
9:30 – 12:00 Breakout sessions
· Blackboard Bootcamp ATC 220 Luann Keizer and Meeghan Lillis
· Advanced Blackboard ATC 219 Tim Koets and Ann Alexander
12:00 – 12:30 Lunch (provided) ATC 124
12:30 – 2:30 Back to sessions
Register online at http://www.grcc.edu/ctereg
Sign up for one five-hour session – either Blackboard Bootcamp or Blackboard Advanced. Note that the curriculum for these sessions is the same as that offered during the Summer Technology Institutes Day 1 (Blackboard Bootcamp) and Day 2 (Blackboard Advanced).
Upon completion of Blackboard Boot Camp, the adjunct faculty member will be able to:
· Identify features of Blackboard 9.
· Manage the course menu.
· Create Announcements.
· Create basic content (items, folders, course and external links)
· Create basic assessments and gradebook entries.
· Identify Blackboard support resources.
Upon completion of Blackboard Advanced, the adjunct faculty member will be able to:
· Manage the Grade Center.
· Create advanced content types.
· Facilitate online discussions.
· Create advanced assessments.
· Reduce plagiarism using the Safe Assignment Tool
· Add interactive tools.
· Use advanced features of Course Tools and Control Panel
For more information about this and other faculty professional development opportunities, visit the Center for Teaching Excellence home page at http://www.grcc.edu/teachexcellence. You can also call the Center at (616) 234-2278 or e-mail TeachExcellence@grcc.edu.
Like us on Facebook to stay current with faculty professional development opportunities at GRCC.