As we approach the Holiday season here are some guidelines when considering Holiday lights for your office or department:
- If possible, purchase energy efficient Holiday lights and light bulbs such as LED lights (The LED lights use about 99 percent less energy than larger, traditional bulbs and last up to 100,000 hours when used indoors)
- Cut down on the number of strings you use – Moderation is the key to saving energy while still allowing everyone to participate in the festive atmosphere
- Try to keep your lights on for only two to five hours a day
- Make sure to turn off your lights whenever you leave your office area, and when you leave for the day.
- Save your lighting for the days closer to Holiday break