Cheryl Kautz was recently awarded recognition from Blackboard for incorporating technology in the learning process. Don’t forget to congratulate her on this award. Read more at Mlive.
Daily Archives: May 30, 2012
i>clicker Training for Faculty
AGC recently approved a student response system (“clicker”) standard for GRCC: the i>clicker 2. This means that any faculty member that would like to use clickers in their classroom will be given the hardware, training, and support they need to utilize this technology. It will also guarantee that our students will not have to buy more than one clicker during their time at GRCC.
The Center for Teaching Excellence is pleased to offer this professional development opportunity to faculty:
Event: i>clicker Training
Date and Time: Tuesday, June 5 12:30 – 2:00 PM
Location: 203 Sneden Hall, DeVos Campus
Facilitator: Lisa Gloege, Associate Professor of Economics/Distance Learning Faculty
In this workshop, you will learn ‘hands on’ how to use the i>clicker classroom response system in your classes. Using i>clicker can significantly change the way you and your students interact by enabling you to assess your students’ knowledge, keep their attention, provide immediate feedback, and encourage all students to participate.
After completing this training session, you will be able to:
- Understand system requirements and no-installation hardware setup for the i>clicker2 remote.
- Use settings and preferences, including awarding participation and performance points for responses and customizing the tool bar for your specific class needs.
- Instruct students on answering numeric/alphanumeric questions.
- Register clickers to students/audience members as needed.
- Use the i>clicker software to poll your audience with ANY application.
- Export data, create reports with i>grader and integrate with your Blackboard Course Management System.
- Identify pedagogical best practices and tips.
Register: Register online at http://www.grcc.edu/ctereg
Note: This event has been approved for longevity training.
If you need assistance with registration, please contact the Center for Teaching Excellence at TeachExcellence@grcc.edu or 616-234-4547