Kenowa Hills Middle College students set to begin earning credits through Davenport University
Published: Thursday, August 09, 2012, 5:44 PM | Grand Rapids Press | By Monica Scott
GRAND RAPIDS, MI – Fifteen Kenowa Hills High School juniors are gearing up to take their first college course next week on their path to receiving both a high school diploma and associate’s degree from Davenport University through a new Middle College program. […] Wyoming schools is also launching a Middle College program this fall through Grand Rapids Community College. (More)
Fine dining heaven coming to Grand Rapids
10:47 AM, Aug 9, 2012 | WZZM TV
GRAND RAPIDS (WZZM) – The freshest, tastiest meals you’ll find in Grand Rapids will pop up in 60 different restaurants in just six days. Grand Rapids Restaurant Week kicks off Wednesday, August 15th. The 10-day eating experience was moved from November to mid-August to coincide with the West Michigan harvest. […] “(Restaurant Week) tends to drive over $1 million worth of restaurant business, and one of the exciting parts of our program is for the last two years, every $1 for every restaurant meal has actually gone to form a scholarship at the Secchia Institute for Culinary Arts Community College,” she said. (More)
A number of GRCC policies have recently been updated and new policies have been created – highlights of the changes are available below:
6.7 Conflict of Interest Policy: Revised current policy
- Separated “Misconduct” provisions into a separate “Misconduct” policy
- Added references to professional organization codes of ethics for financial aid, admissions and recruitment staff.
- Added detail regarding financial conflicts of interests
- Added additional guidance regarding supplemental employment
6.23 Misconduct Policy: New policy
- Separated “Misconduct” provisions from the Conflict of Interest Policy
- Modified zero tolerance provision to clarify that only “verified” and “intentional” listed acts are treated as “zero tolerance offenses”
11.1 Employee Reimbursement Policy: New policy
- This policy was separated from the current Travel Policy
- Language was added to Section III Policy Statement requiring that travel covered by agreements and bargaining units shall be in accord with the conditions of said agreement
- Added definition of “Federal Per Diem Rates” to Section IX Definitions
- Clarified guidelines for reimbursable claims in Section X Procedures
- Added “reasonable internet services required to do business” as a reimbursable expense in H of Section X Procedures
- Added Electronic Application for Leave of Absence, Employee Reimbursement Request Form, Employee Mileage Reimbursement Request Form, & Adjunct Faculty Mileage Reimbursement Request Form under Section XI Forms
11.1a Food and Beverage Policy: Revised current policy
- Combined current “Food & Beverage Standards” and “Retirement Reception Guidelines” into one policy.
- Added Purchasing Policy and Procurement Card Agreement, Travel Card Agreement, & BOT Policies under Section VII, Related Documents
- Removed requirement for EBCO prior approval under Section X
- Eliminated retirement reception maximum cost table based on years of service and replaced this with a flat maximum of $720/per retiree.
- Added Employee Reimbursement Request & Food Function Form to Section XI Forms
11.4 Travel Policy: Revised current policy
- Separated “Employee Reimbursement” provisions into a separate policy.
- Added language to Section III Policy Statement requiring that travel covered by agreements and bargaining units shall be in accord with the conditions of said agreements.
- Added definitions of “Reasonable and Customary Expenditures” and “Federal Per Diem Rates” to Section IX Definitions.
- Added language regarding requirements for leave of absence forms in Section X Procedures
- Added rule regarding reimbursement claims to Section X Procedures
- Added Electronic Application for Leave of Absence, Employee Reimbursement Request Form, Employee Mileage Reimbursement Request Form & Adjunct Faculty Mileage Reimbursement Request Form in Section XI Forms
- Added all Bargaining Unit Agreements, 11.1 Employee Reimbursement Policy, 11.15 Purchasing Policy, Procurement Card Agreement, Allowable Mileage Form & Travel Card Agreement to Section VII Related Documents.