[Corrected] Construction work will begin in College Park Plaza during the Fall semester. In preparation, the following departments are being relocated to temporary office locations for the 2012/2013 academic year:
Math offices MOVED FROM: College Park Plaza Second Floor | MOVED TO: Cook Academic Hall 502
Dental offices MOVED FROM: College Park Plaza Fifth Floor| MOVED TO: Bostwick Ramp Data Center
Occupational Therapy Assisting MOVED FROM: College Park Plaza Fifth Floor | MOVED TO: Bostwick Ramp Data Center
Radiologic Tech offices MOVED FROM: College Park Plaza Fifth Floor | MOVED TO: Bostwick Ramp Data Center
Nursing offices MOVED FROM: College Park Plaza Fifth Floor | MOVED TO: Bostwick Ramp Data Center
Moving activity is underway, and will continue through the week. The ESP’s and Department Heads for these departments will all be in their new locations by Monday, August 20th. Please note this when referring students. Also, individual faculty office moves are still being scheduled. It will be best to direct students to the main office for assistance during this time of transition. Thank you!
More information available at www.grcc.edu/hardhats
A number of GRCC policies have recently been updated and new policies have been created – highlights of the changes are available below:
6.7 Conflict of Interest Policy: Revised current policy
- Separated “Misconduct” provisions into a separate “Misconduct” policy
- Added references to professional organization codes of ethics for financial aid, admissions and recruitment staff.
- Added detail regarding financial conflicts of interests
- Added additional guidance regarding supplemental employment
6.23 Misconduct Policy: New policy
- Separated “Misconduct” provisions from the Conflict of Interest Policy
- Modified zero tolerance provision to clarify that only “verified” and “intentional” listed acts are treated as “zero tolerance offenses”
11.1 Employee Reimbursement Policy: New policy
- This policy was separated from the current Travel Policy
- Language was added to Section III Policy Statement requiring that travel covered by agreements and bargaining units shall be in accord with the conditions of said agreement
- Added definition of “Federal Per Diem Rates” to Section IX Definitions
- Clarified guidelines for reimbursable claims in Section X Procedures
- Added “reasonable internet services required to do business” as a reimbursable expense in H of Section X Procedures
- Added Electronic Application for Leave of Absence, Employee Reimbursement Request Form, Employee Mileage Reimbursement Request Form, & Adjunct Faculty Mileage Reimbursement Request Form under Section XI Forms
11.1a Food and Beverage Policy: Revised current policy
- Combined current “Food & Beverage Standards” and “Retirement Reception Guidelines” into one policy.
- Added Purchasing Policy and Procurement Card Agreement, Travel Card Agreement, & BOT Policies under Section VII, Related Documents
- Removed requirement for EBCO prior approval under Section X
- Eliminated retirement reception maximum cost table based on years of service and replaced this with a flat maximum of $720/per retiree.
- Added Employee Reimbursement Request & Food Function Form to Section XI Forms
11.4 Travel Policy: Revised current policy
- Separated “Employee Reimbursement” provisions into a separate policy.
- Added language to Section III Policy Statement requiring that travel covered by agreements and bargaining units shall be in accord with the conditions of said agreements.
- Added definitions of “Reasonable and Customary Expenditures” and “Federal Per Diem Rates” to Section IX Definitions.
- Added language regarding requirements for leave of absence forms in Section X Procedures
- Added rule regarding reimbursement claims to Section X Procedures
- Added Electronic Application for Leave of Absence, Employee Reimbursement Request Form, Employee Mileage Reimbursement Request Form & Adjunct Faculty Mileage Reimbursement Request Form in Section XI Forms
- Added all Bargaining Unit Agreements, 11.1 Employee Reimbursement Policy, 11.15 Purchasing Policy, Procurement Card Agreement, Allowable Mileage Form & Travel Card Agreement to Section VII Related Documents.
This salute comes from Eric Kunnen in the Distance Learning and Instructional Technology Department:
“I would like to recognize the hard work and coordination of the Raider Rally Team.
This was an outstanding event, and even as though my throat is dry and my energy low, GRCC was able to orient over 500 students to the opportunities that exist.
Our GRCC Online booth was heavily visited by current online students and those that were unsure or wanted to learn more. This was a great outreach event that provided students with all of the services available.
The team exhibited “Responsiveness” in that the Rally enabled students to proactively address the needs of students and to make them aware of campus resources.
This was a great venue to share the “Access” end whereby the college helps students by minimizing the barriers of time, place, and cost so that all students have the ability to learn and access to education.
The event provided opportunities for students to learn about how best to take advantage of a wealth of resources that contribute to ‘Student Success.'”