GRCC’s Student Life office is getting ready for the start of Fall semester and is looking for volunteers to help staff our Student Information Stations. Information Stations will be held beginning Monday, August 27th and run through Wednesday, August 29th from 7:00am – 2:00pm and 5:00pm – 7:00pm . They know it is very busy time for all, but would greatly appreciate any time you are able to volunteer.
Please use the links below to sign up for a time/day (the tabs at the bottom of each spreadsheet indicate the different days). If you have any questions please feel free to contact Ashley Pipoly by email or x4839. Thank you in advance for your time!
CC teaches instructors how to teach reading
Community College Spotlight | Joanne Jacobs ON August 14, 2012
Grand Rapids Community College is teaching English, math and biology instructors how to teach reading reports Michigan Live. Reading Apprenticeship focuses on helping students understand their textbooks. (More)
East Grand Rapids Public Safety Department adds officers, promotes one
Published: Tuesday, August 07, 2012, 11:30 AM | Advance Newspapers | By Jan Holst
East Grand Rapids Public Safety Director Mark Herald Monday presented the City Commission with two new public safety officers and announced one promotion to sergeant. […Scott] Grams graduated from Hamilton High School and received a bachelor’s degree in history from Grand Valley State University in 2007. He received his law enforcement certification after graduating from Grand Rapids Community College Police Academy in November 2011. (More)
A number of GRCC policies have recently been updated and new policies have been created – highlights of the changes are available below:
6.7 Conflict of Interest Policy: Revised current policy
- Separated “Misconduct” provisions into a separate “Misconduct” policy
- Added references to professional organization codes of ethics for financial aid, admissions and recruitment staff.
- Added detail regarding financial conflicts of interests
- Added additional guidance regarding supplemental employment
6.23 Misconduct Policy: New policy
- Separated “Misconduct” provisions from the Conflict of Interest Policy
- Modified zero tolerance provision to clarify that only “verified” and “intentional” listed acts are treated as “zero tolerance offenses”
11.1 Employee Reimbursement Policy: New policy
- This policy was separated from the current Travel Policy
- Language was added to Section III Policy Statement requiring that travel covered by agreements and bargaining units shall be in accord with the conditions of said agreement
- Added definition of “Federal Per Diem Rates” to Section IX Definitions
- Clarified guidelines for reimbursable claims in Section X Procedures
- Added “reasonable internet services required to do business” as a reimbursable expense in H of Section X Procedures
- Added Electronic Application for Leave of Absence, Employee Reimbursement Request Form, Employee Mileage Reimbursement Request Form, & Adjunct Faculty Mileage Reimbursement Request Form under Section XI Forms
11.1a Food and Beverage Policy: Revised current policy
- Combined current “Food & Beverage Standards” and “Retirement Reception Guidelines” into one policy.
- Added Purchasing Policy and Procurement Card Agreement, Travel Card Agreement, & BOT Policies under Section VII, Related Documents
- Removed requirement for EBCO prior approval under Section X
- Eliminated retirement reception maximum cost table based on years of service and replaced this with a flat maximum of $720/per retiree.
- Added Employee Reimbursement Request & Food Function Form to Section XI Forms
11.4 Travel Policy: Revised current policy
- Separated “Employee Reimbursement” provisions into a separate policy.
- Added language to Section III Policy Statement requiring that travel covered by agreements and bargaining units shall be in accord with the conditions of said agreements.
- Added definitions of “Reasonable and Customary Expenditures” and “Federal Per Diem Rates” to Section IX Definitions.
- Added language regarding requirements for leave of absence forms in Section X Procedures
- Added rule regarding reimbursement claims to Section X Procedures
- Added Electronic Application for Leave of Absence, Employee Reimbursement Request Form, Employee Mileage Reimbursement Request Form & Adjunct Faculty Mileage Reimbursement Request Form in Section XI Forms
- Added all Bargaining Unit Agreements, 11.1 Employee Reimbursement Policy, 11.15 Purchasing Policy, Procurement Card Agreement, Allowable Mileage Form & Travel Card Agreement to Section VII Related Documents.