As part of the ongoing campus construction, GRCC President Dr. Steven Ender’s office will relocate to the Administrative Building on the DeVos Campus as of Monday, August 20th. If you have inter-office mail for President Ender, Kathy Mullins or Elaine McCormack – send it to “President’s Office – Administration Building, DeVos Campus.”
Enrollment on the rise at GRCC but still lagging behind last year
Published: Wednesday, August 15, 2012, 5:15 PM | Grand Rapids Press | By Brian McVicar
GRAND RAPIDS, MI — Fall enrollment at Grand Rapids Community College has grown significantly since June but still remains 3.2 percent below last year’s level. As of this week, there were 15,684 students enrolled at GRCC for fall classes – more than 500 fewer than were signed up for classes at the same time last year, according to GRCC. (More)
Our classes this fall will be 7 week sessions again. The first session is running from September 10 until November 2, 2012. The second session is November 5 until December 21, 2012. The sessions are $20.00 each and you may participate in as many classes as you would like. Below are the classes along with the class descriptions. Continue reading
A number of GRCC policies have recently been updated and new policies have been created – highlights of the changes are available below:
- Separated “Misconduct” provisions into a separate “Misconduct” policy
- Added references to professional organization codes of ethics for financial aid, admissions and recruitment staff.
- Added detail regarding financial conflicts of interests
- Added additional guidance regarding supplemental employment
- Separated “Misconduct” provisions from the Conflict of Interest Policy
- Modified zero tolerance provision to clarify that only “verified” and “intentional” listed acts are treated as “zero tolerance offenses”
- This policy was separated from the current Travel Policy
- Language was added to Section III Policy Statement requiring that travel covered by agreements and bargaining units shall be in accord with the conditions of said agreement
- Added definition of “Federal Per Diem Rates” to Section IX Definitions
- Clarified guidelines for reimbursable claims in Section X Procedures
- Added “reasonable internet services required to do business” as a reimbursable expense in H of Section X Procedures
- Added Electronic Application for Leave of Absence, Employee Reimbursement Request Form, Employee Mileage Reimbursement Request Form, & Adjunct Faculty Mileage Reimbursement Request Form under Section XI Forms
- Combined current “Food & Beverage Standards” and “Retirement Reception Guidelines” into one policy.
- Added Purchasing Policy and Procurement Card Agreement, Travel Card Agreement, & BOT Policies under Section VII, Related Documents
- Removed requirement for EBCO prior approval under Section X
- Eliminated retirement reception maximum cost table based on years of service and replaced this with a flat maximum of $720/per retiree.
- Added Employee Reimbursement Request & Food Function Form to Section XI Forms
- Separated “Employee Reimbursement” provisions into a separate policy.
- Added language to Section III Policy Statement requiring that travel covered by agreements and bargaining units shall be in accord with the conditions of said agreements.
- Added definitions of “Reasonable and Customary Expenditures” and “Federal Per Diem Rates” to Section IX Definitions.
- Added language regarding requirements for leave of absence forms in Section X Procedures
- Added rule regarding reimbursement claims to Section X Procedures
- Added Electronic Application for Leave of Absence, Employee Reimbursement Request Form, Employee Mileage Reimbursement Request Form & Adjunct Faculty Mileage Reimbursement Request Form in Section XI Forms
- Added all Bargaining Unit Agreements, 11.1 Employee Reimbursement Policy, 11.15 Purchasing Policy, Procurement Card Agreement, Allowable Mileage Form & Travel Card Agreement to Section VII Related Documents.