The following policies were recently approved by Cabinet or AGC:
- This is a new policy developed because GRCC faculty and staff have increasing contacts with minors through our Middle College program and other GRCC programs and services.
- State law defines “mandated reporters” of abuse and neglect. This policy will require all faculty and staff to report suspected abuse.
- Provides contact information for making reports.
- Provides information on how to identify abuse and neglect
Personally Identifiable Information Policy (PII) (New)
- This is a new policy that has been developed to reduce risk when handling confidential data
- Provides students and employees and contractors with information on how to avoid risky business practices when working with PII
- Policy supports compliance with PCI-DSS, HIPAA, FERPA and GLBA
- Policy defines public and protected PII
- Encourages identification and modification of current risky business practices with help from the Information Security Department
- This will be the first policy in a new policy section: Information Technology
Freedom of Information Act Policy (revised)
- Corrected format
- Clarified language throughout policy
- Moved paragraph regarding cooperation with federal agencies from Section IV Entities Affected by this Policy to Section XI Procedures
- Recognize respect for skills and knowledge acquired outside traditional classroom settings
- Award academic credit for college level learning which leads to degrees
- Comply with Higher Learning Commission Criteria: Academic Programs-Quality, Resources and Support (3-1.g)
The new policies have been added to the website.