Quiet Cafe and Sneden Cafe will be open limited hours Monday through Thursday the week of January 7, 2013, for staff and GRCC community. The Quiet Cafe: will be open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Sneden Cafe will be open 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Regular business hours resume for all locations on January 14.
In our continued efforts toward sustainability, Grand Rapids Community College is encouraging all current student employees to receive their W-2s electronically. This option is only available to student employees actively working at the start of the current calendar year.
There are many benefits to receiving your W-2 electronically, including:
- Receiving your W-2 earlier! Student employees who give consent to receive their W-2 electronically will receive their W-2 at least one week earlier than those who receive paper forms.
- Guaranteed delivery! No possibility of your W-2 being stolen, lost in the mail or sent to the wrong address
- Easy access to duplicate copies! Once the W-2 form has been posted, it can be accessed and reprinted as many times as you need. For those who receive their W-2 through regular mail, re-issued statements will not be available until on or after March 1, and there will be a $10 service charge for the re-issued statement.
- Access to prior year W-2! You will have easy access to previous year W-2s, starting with the 2011 calendar year.
Student employees who provide consent before January 25, 2013, will receive an email notification when the 2012 W-2s are available. By consenting to receive your W-2 electronically, you agree to view and print your W-2 through GRCC’s self-service. You will not receive a paper copy, but you may print the electronic version as often as you like.
This consent will be valid for all future tax years, unless you revoke your consent or employment is terminated.Paper W-2s will be mailed no later than January 31 of each year, to those who have not given consent or prefer to receive a paper copy.
If you wish to receive electronic W-2s, click here for instructions on how to give consent. Once you have indicated your consent, we encourage you to get familiar with this new process by viewing and or printing your 2011 W-2. Please keep in mind you will not need to give consent again once your 2012 W-2 is made available.
The latest schedule, through January 20, 2013, for the College Channel includes programs on cyber-bullying, Carmen Bugan reading from her award-winning book, “Burying the Typewriter,” and wine tips on “Cooking with Angus.” Check out the offerings here.
Industry uses Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerencing to specify contractual requirements. Unfortunately, many people within industry have a flawed or incomplete understanding of the subject.
The Basic Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerencing course builds competence to correctly apply and interpret the rules, definitions, principles and symbols per the American National Standard, ASME Y14.5 – 2009, in only two days! This course provides a common language to improve communication, so set-up requirements and tolerance zones are clearly understood by all.
- the rules, definitions, and symbols of ASME Y14.5-2009.
- specified feature control frames.
- specified datum reference frames.
- the shape, size, and location of tolerance zones.
- features size requirements given specified tolerances.
The course runs 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. January 17 and 18, 2013, at Leslie. E Tassell M-TEC. The registration fee is $585. For more information, click here.
Information sessions on GRCC’s Medical Assistant program are scheduled for January 2013.
The program will prepare you to perform administrative and clinical tasks to keep health practitioner offices and clinics running smoothly. It combines classroom lecture, group activity, simulation learning and a competency-based externship experience. You will be prepared to take the medical assistant national certification exam through American Medical Technologists.
Information sessions are scheduled for:
- 5-6 p.m. January 7, in room 108 of Thompson M-TEC on the Holland campus.
- 4-5 p.m. January 16, in room in Tassell M-TEC.
Classes start January 21.
To register, click here.
Ann Marie Birr’s colleagues in College Advancement surprised her by decorating her office.
Congratulations to Ann Marie Birr, who celebrates her 60th birthday on January 7, 2013, with help from her colleagues in the College Advancement Office!