To better understand the place of copyright in higher education, GRCC joined the U-Maryland University College’s Center for Intellectual Property (CIP) as an institutional member. As institutional members, we have access to a variety of online discussions about copyright and other intellectual property issues. Our Institutional Membership in the CIP Community provides:
- Exclusive access to free online Community Conversations with copyright scholars and practitioners;
- Free access to the CIP Action Center and Legislative Alert service;
- Free access to full-text documents and media in the Community File Library;
- Member-priced discounts on for-a-fee programming and certification programs.
Community Conversations are open to GRCC constituents who have set up an individual profile. If you have created a profile previously, you may register for Community Conversations using the Register Today links below.
TO CREATE YOUR INDIVIDUAL PROFILE UNDER GRCC’s INSTITUTIONAL MEMBERSHIP
- Go to the registration page to register with the community.
- Create a username and enter your first and last name. Choose Employee Institution.
- On the Membership Selection page, select Employee Institution.
- You must fill in the fields under [Account Information], and a few fields in the [Personal Information]. Under [Professional Information], be sure to select Grand Rapids Community College in the autofilled Organization field.
Once you have created your individual profile, your membership will be linked to the Grand Rapids Community College Institutional Membership. Your account will be enabled by the next business day. If you need immediate access to the system, contact Cindy Jackson firstname.lastname@example.org Cell Phone (preferred) 301-852-8644 or Office Phone:240-684-2965.
See the most recent educational programming information below. If you have any problems or questions with setting up your free account, please contact Nan Schichtel at email@example.com, GRCC’s institutional representative.
Winter and Spring 2013 CIP Community Conversation Webinars
ComCon: Classic Community Conversation w/ Michael Carroll, JD: Open Access & Higher Ed
When: Wednesday, February 13, 2013; 12:00 PM Eastern
Speaker: Michael Carroll, Law Faculty and Director of the Program for Information Justice and Intellectual Property at American University’s Washington College of Law
ComCon: Faculty Focused Community Conversation with Gene Quinn, JD, The IP Watchdog
When: Thursday, February 21, 2013; 12:00 PM Eastern
Speaker: Gene Quinn, US Patent Attorney as well as the President & Founder of IP Watchdog, Inc.
ComCon: CIP Spotlight Community Conversation: Chasing Copyright w/ Barbara Ingrassia UMass Medical
When: Wednesday, February 27, 2013; 1:00PM Eastern
Speaker: Barbara Ingrassia, Head of Copyright and Licensing, Lamar Soutter Library at UMass Medical School
ComCon:Classic Community Conversation with Donna Ferullo, JD: Emerging Issues in IP Mgt.
When: Wednesday, March 13, 2013; 1:00PM Eastern
Speaker: Donna Ferullo, JD
ComCon: Faculty Focused Henry Wixon, JD – Tech Transfer: Lab to Marketplace
When: Thursday, March 21, 2013; 4:00PM Eastern
Speaker: Henry Wixon, JD, Chief Counsel for the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
ComCon: Faculty Focused w/ Erik Pelton, JD: Trademark & Higher Ed
When: Thursday, April 18, 2013; 4:00PM Eastern
Speaker: Erik Pelton, JD, founder and managing attorney of Erik M. Pelton & Associates, PLLC
Join the community conversation followed by a Q & A session with the community members. Check it out! The conversation will take place in the online Webex platform. Please login with your CIP member username and password to register.