New: Web Accessibility Policy:
- GRCC’s web accessibility policy provides students, faculty, and staff a clear definition of what web accessibility is and why it is necessary.
- This policy mandates that all of GRCC’s web content should meet W3C WAI’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0, Level AA conformance.
- The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the 1998 amendment to the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 508) requires GRCC to provide individuals with disabilities access to information that is comparable to the access and experience available to others.
Revised: FERPA Policy:
- Policy was modified to new policy format (The policy was last updated in 1991)
- Made changes to conform to new FERPA regulations that have gone into effect since the policy was last updated.
- Provided definitions to various key phrases
- “Directory Information Stop Card” was changed to the current “FERPA Release Form”. Also, old policy states; “The Card must be filed by February 1 of the year in which the student intends to graduate” this was eliminate as students may file a FERPA Release Form at any time.
- Enhanced the scope of what GRCC will consider “Directory Information” from what was stated in the ‘old’ policy.
- Added under “Reason for Policy” student rights with respect to education records.
- Added changes to the policy on Authorized Representatives and the definition of an education program
- Added Guidelines for Faculty and Staff
- Added information on Subpoenas
Revised: Title IV Loan School Code of Conduct:
- Added policy owner
- Made minor formatting corrections
- Added to a 4 year review cycle