Join your colleagues to experience innovative teaching and learning practices that have made meaningful contributions to our community this winter.
Come for the awards (Three winners to be named)
This program and awards presentation will feature interviews and powerful video of the work of each team, and a (huge) check presentation.
Come for the food (The Menu)
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, Domestic Cheese, Fruit with Almond Dip & Vegetables with Dip.
Coffee, Iced Tea & Lemonade.
Come to celebrate the work (Our Finalists)
- The Child Psychology course with Family Promise providing child-care services to homeless families seeking respite or time to seek employment.
- The Community Transcultural Nursing course with American Red Cross teaching GRCC students the life-changing skill of CPR.
- The Community Dental Health course with Salvation Army-Booth Family Services providing oral hygiene education to pregnant teens and teen mothers.
- The College Writing course with Grand Rapids Public Library administering One Book, One City for Kids in Grand Rapids Public Schools.
- The Consulting with Writers course with GRCCs Writing Lab training students to serve as tutors.
- The Community Transcultural Nursing course with the North End Community Ministry educating its food pantry clients on healthy meal planning and recipes.
- The Principles of Physical Education course with East Leonard Elementary administering Organ Wise Guys helping children develop a healthy lifestyle.
- The Mobile Device Security and Development course with the Collegiate newspaper creating a mobile app to increase access and readership.
Come to network (Our Judges):
- Matt Downey, Program Director, Nonprofit Services at Johnson Center of Philanthropy.
- Chris Wilson, Founder/Executive Director at NonProfit Process Excellence.
- Katie Daniels, Curriculum Specialist at Grand Rapids Community College.
- Nicole Notario-Risk, Nonprofit/Foundation Consultant, Owner of Dress My Rescue.
- Renee Zientek, Executive Director at Michigan Campus Compact.
Come to Learn More (Our Presenters):
- Armen Oumedian, local Philanthropist and Entrepreneur.
- Mike Schavey, Associate Director of Experiential Learning.
- Dr. Jeremy Osborn, Director of the Center for Teaching Excellence.
- Dr. Gilda Gely, Provost and Executive Vice President for Academic & Student Affairs.
Come to see the Federal Building (Event Details):
Friday, April 26, 2013, 3-5 p.m.
Federal Building, Room 217
Kendall College of Art and Design of FSU
Please RSVP at http://www.grcc.edu/armenawards