Co-Curricular Coaching for All Employees
Wed Sept. 18, 2013
Room 118 ATC
THIS IS AN INTRODUCTION SESSION FOR THE SEMESTER LONG SERIES WHICH RUNS FROM SEPT. 26, 2013 THROUGH April 25, 2014:
There are formal and informal opportunities for employees to coach students and help them reach their academic goals. This course prepares employees for coaching opportunities by working with them through a student success coaching experience. Participants will serve as a success coaches for the fall, winter, and summer semesters, spend time with others who coaches, and integrate the service into their current job duties. Participants will work with other areas of the college to find a student to work with for the 2013 – 2014 academic year (i.e. Trio Program, counseling office, ABO, and College Success Center). This course introduces and sees employees through coaching strategies, behaviors, and actions needed to help students succeed. This course establishes the college’s support for employees who serve as success coaches.
1. Distinguish differences between coaching and mentoring
2. Define and demonstrate social boundaries and cultural competencies between success coach and student
3. Communicate with other coaches, begin building a coaching network
4. Use college LMS systems (currently Blackboard) to support communication
5. Understand time management, modeling, and professional development as they relate to college success coaching
6. Understand the community college students’ need for soft skill development (the complete collection of our social, communication, and self-management behaviors) i.e. GRCC’s Institutional Learning Outcomes click here or copy and paste the following URL into your browser: http://grcc.edu/instructionalsupportandinterdisciplinarystudies/curriculum/curriculummodel0
Facilitated by: Professor Mursalata Muhammad
Please register online at http://www.grcc.edu/staffdevelopment/currentlearningopportunitiesregistration or call Staff Development at ext. 4285.