An announcement from Michael Schavey, of the Department of Experiential Learning:
I’m happy to announce that eight amazing and strong proposals have been submitted. There is a wide range of disciplines, including Psychology, Nursing, Biology, Automotive and German. It’s outstanding to know that through this event, faculty and students will understand the impact one makes when given the opportunity to apply their learning to benefit the community.
- Hope Hagan and her Business & Technical Writing course is partnering with the Covenant House.
- Aleta Anderson and her Introductory German course is partnering with Palmer Elementary School.
- Sarah Krajewski and her Biology for Educators course is partnering with Immaculate Heart of Mary School.
- Dr. Kate Byerwalter and her Child Psychology course is partnering with Family Promise.
- Dr. Sherry Knoppers and her Community Transcultural Nursing course is partnering with South East Outreach Ministry.
- Gayl Beals and his Automotive Job Training course is partnering with Mel Trotter Ministries.
- Jolanta Lanier and her Personal Health course is partnering with the American Cancer Society.
- Bethane Talsma and her Office Ethics and Etiquette course is partnering with Gilda’s Club.
Please help me congratulate these faculty!
For more information on the Armen Awards please visit www.grcc.edu/armenawards