A Sleeping Country by Melanie Marnich
November 21-23 at 8pm
Spectrum Theater main stage
A dreamy comedy about sleep lost and hope found. Julia has a serious case of insomnia, so she leaves NYC and travels to Venice seeking help from a sleepless heiress who just might be a distant relative. What she discovers is the difference between being an insomniac and being truly awake.
Adjunct instructor Nancy Wagner has assembled an excellent cast of GRCC Students: Nick Favreau, Kendra Jones, Madeline Jones & Alex Petkus. Also working on the show are: Kirk Laing, Alex Denison, Christian Poquette, Catherine Marlett Dreher, Emily Scoles, Joe Rosenbaum, Brett Wiesenauer, Rachel Albrecht, Kelly Lucas, Nancy Gallardo, & Steve Nardin.
Ticket cost: $5 GRCC Staff, $3 GRCC students, $10 general public
Call 234-3946 or visit grcc.edu/theater to purchase tickets online
MEDIA ALERT: Sen. Mark Jansen to speak to GRCC business students
Nov. 18, 2013; News International
State Sen. Mark Jansen, R-Grand Rapids, and Grand Rapids Community College business students are teaming up to emphasize the importance of a college degree and to help a student food pantry.
25 GRCC TRiO/Student Support Services students participated in the annual GVSU campus visit. The students met with advisors and faculty in their areas of study downtown and at the Allendale campus. Bonnie Ulmer and her GVSU Admissions team were instrumental in making this visit a success. The students were also joined by the TRiO/SSS program staff at GVSU and GRCC alumni currently attending GVSU.
The GRCC staff and faculty email (GroupWise) will be upgrading to a new version on Thursday, November 28th 2013. The GroupWise email will not be available from 10 P.M. on Thursday, November 28th until Saturday, November 30th at 12 P.M.
What this means to you:
- All existing emails (including archived messages, calendar items, reminder notes, etc.) will be saved. You will not lose messages during this transition.
What you need to be aware of after the transition:
- The Web version of GroupWise (mail.grcc.edu) will have a new look and contain more features.
- If you’re currently utilizing GWMC to sync email with your phone, you should not have to change any of your phone settings.
- Automatic forwarding from GRCC GroupWise email to other email accounts ( Global forwarding) will be available in the new version of GroupWise.
- Your GroupWise email client (the one installed on your GRCC computer) will need to be upgraded. You will be able to update your software beginning December 1st 2013 by going to Application Explorer and running the update while on campus. (The existing version on your computer will still work until you update.)
- Mac users do not need to upgrade to a new version of GroupWise; they are already up to date.
We appreciate your patience during this upgrade. If you have any questions regarding this, please call the IT Customer Support Help Desk at 234-HELP (4357).
Thank you for your understanding.
The YMCA Veggie Van will be here today between 1:00-2:30 selling local produce along with prepared foods. Stop by the Main Campus to purchase with your debit card, credit card, cash or bridge card.
Please visit the Institutional Research and Planning website to review the November 2013 Student Success Update for College Action Project 1.1.3 – Revise and create 4-year articulation agreements for seamless transfer.
“Grand Rapids Choir of Men and Boys 11/09/2013”
“Police Academy Graduation 2013”