The faculty and staff in the CIS department collected $750 to donate Thanksgiving Meal Gift Cards to 25 CIS students and their families. This is the 7th annual collection of funds to help our students during Thanksgiving. At other times of the year, we have a collection box for non-perishable items we donate to the the Student Food Pantry.
Some of the comments received from recipients include:
- “This is so kind of the faculty to offer this to students in need. My Mom is divorced and provides for me and my sister. Last winter she was very stressed about bills and I tried to help her out when I could. She doesn’t not have a college education and works a full time job along with a part time job. I would love to give her a gift card to help her out. My mother and I would be beyond thankful for anything you could do!”
- “I just want to say thank you to all that are involved with these gift cards and raising money to help out students. A very generous gesture and it is very much appreciated.”
- “Thank you very much! This will really help our family this Thanksgiving money’s really tight this year.”
- “Thank you so much! Please express my gratitude to the other faculty members as well. It’s a great help this time of year and it is very much appreciated. Thanks again and Happy Thanksgiving!”
- “Thank you and your coworkers for taking up a collection for us students. Sometimes it seems that the staff doesn’t care, but this proves that statement wrong. Thanks again, Happy Thanksgiving, and Merry Christmas.”