After slow start to education, Belding senior turns life around
May 21, 2014; The Greenville Daily News
BELDING — His heart racing quickly, sweat dripping from his brow, Gio Vanni Delgado suddenly found himself at the center of the world standing on the turf of Rudness Field.
… Delgado says he plans to attend Grand Rapids Community College for two years before hopefully transferring to Grand Valley State University.
Actors’ Theatre to Present GREY GARDENS, 6/5-6/14
May 21, 2014; broadwayworld.com
On June 5, 2014, Actors’ Theatre Grand Rapids completes its 33rd season with the opening of Grey Gardens, the musical. The show will be presented Thursday through Saturday on two consecutive weekends at GRCC Spectrum Theater, 160 Fountain Street NE, Grand Rapids, beginning on June 5, 2014 and closing on June 14, 2014. All performances begin at 8PM. A special talk back discussing the history of the Bouvier family, the focus of the musical, will follow the performance on Friday June 6th.
The Lyon parking ramp has been closed to students this week for cleaning. The student side of the ramp is scheduled to be done by the end of Friday. Work on the staff side of the ramp is scheduled to start May 27 and finish May 29.
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE of the dates and times of meetings of the Board of Trustees for fiscal year 2014-2015. Meetings are held in the Board Chambers, Fifth Floor, Main Building, 143 Bostwick NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503, unless otherwise posted. This schedule is subject to change and will be posted in accordance with the Open Meetings Act, PA #267 of 1976 as amended.
A summary of recent changes to several college policies:
- Specifies who has authorization to sign and submit grant proposals and sign and accept grant awards.
- Designates who has the authority to approve the development and submission of grant applications by GRCC and for those in which GRCC is a partner.
- Lists the responsible parties who will implement the grants policy related to management of grant projects, management of grant funds and submissions of programmatic and financial reports.
- Lists the governmental regulations and policies that apply to all aspects of grant development, submission, implementation and management.
- Broadens the purpose of the policy to establish requirements for the administration of grants at GRCC and to ensure compliance with applicable College, government and funder rules, laws, regulations and policies.
- States that all GRCC policies should be adhered to in the development, submission, implementation and management of grants.
- References additional manuals and forms that have been created for faculty and staff to fulfill government and funder regulations.
- Provides a list of definitions.
- Expands the description of procedures used to support the requirements of the Grants Policy, both pre-award and post-award.
- Clarified titles
- Better aligned bullet points to clarify intent
- Clarified language to state that it is our policy to opt out of new agreements (previous language seemed to indicate that we may opt out)