Project Risk Management includes the processes of conducting risk management planning, identification, analysis, response planning, and controlling risk on a project. The objectives of project risk management are to increase the likelihood and impact of positive events (i.e., opportunities), and decrease the likelihood and impact of negative events in the project.
The six Project Risk Management processes are as follows:
- Plan Risk Management– The process of defining how to conduct risk management activities for a project.
- Identify Risks– The process of determining which risks may affect the project and documenting their characteristics.
- Perform Qualitative Risk Analysis– The process of prioritizing risks for further analysis or action by assessing and combining their probability of occurrence and impact.
- Perform Quantitative Risk Analysis-The process of numerically analyzing the effect of identified risks on overall project objectives.
- Plan Risk Responses-The process of developing options and actions to enhance opportunities and to reduce threats to project objectives.
- Control Risks– The process of implementing risk response plans, tracking identified risks, monitoring residual risks, identifying new risks, and evaluating risk process effectiveness throughout the project.
This preceding information was taken directly from the following:
(2013) A guide to the project management body of knowledge (PMBOK guide) Fifth edition. Newtown Square, Pa.: Project Management Institute, Inc., pg. 309.
Next week we’ll look at strategies for managing negative project risks or threats.
GRCC approves increased salary schedule for campus police
July 21, 2014; MLive
GRAND RAPIDS, MI – The salary schedule for Grand Rapids Community College police officers will climb by 2 percent in the 2014-15 fiscal year, under a new contract approved Monday by the college’s Board of Trustees.
Matt Sicilia to lead new Grand Rapids Community College cross country teams
July 21, 2014; MLive
GRAND RAPIDS, MI – Matt Sicilia, a former assistant coach at Calvin Christian High School, has been named coach of the new cross country program at Grand Rapids Community College.
A GRCC Screening Committee Training Session has been added to the calendar: Wednesday, July 23rd from 1-3 PM in Room 103 Sneden Hall.
Please register online at http://www.grcc.edu/staffdevelopment/currentlearningopportunitiesregistration call Staff Development at ext 4285 if you require assistance.
The GRCC Exercise Science Department wants to say thank you to Mary Myles, student employee with the Exercise Science Department, and extend a Raider Salute.
Words to describe Mary:
- Work Ethic — Amazing!
- Teamwork — could not ask for a better team player!
- Suggestions — always open to giving and providing positive suggestions that better our department.
Thank you, Mary!
GRCC held a pinning ceremony last week for students completing the medical assistant program. Linda Witte, Julie Parks and Fiona Hert spoke to the 14 graduates — half of whom already have job offers!
It’s going to be a beautiful day – stop by for some ice cream and yard games today between 1:30 and 3:00 p.m. on the DeVos campus between Sneden and Mable Engle.
Hope to see you there!