Changes were recently made to a college policy:
6.4 Sexual Misconduct (revised) Policy Section 6.0 Subsection 6.4
Effective September 16, 2014
- Amended in 2014 to implement changes to the Clery Act made by the Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act of 2013 (VAWA)
- Amended the investigation procedures to provide legally required procedural rights for both parties
- Outlined reporting options and for victims and for those receiving the complaint, including recommended steps following any act of sexual misconduct
- Outlined the institutional response to complaints of sexual misconduct
- Added a statement that the institution prohibits the crimes of dating violence, domestic violence, sexual assault, non-consensual sexual contact, sexual exploitation and stalking, including the applicable definitions under Michigan law.
- Added the definition of consent, in reference to sexual activity
- Outlined awareness and prevention programs for ongoing employee and student education including bystander intervention and risk reduction
- Outlined who are “confidential/privileged employees” for reporting on campus and the reporting requirements for all employees.
- References separate document listing community and GRCC resources