Open Door, the time-twisting play celebrating GRCC’s 100th anniversary, opens tonight!
While the special dinner theater package is sold out, you can still purchase tickets for the play, which starts at 8 p.m. today and November 8 in Spectrum Theater. And you won’t go hungry — a free dessert reception follows both performances and SpeakEZ Lounge will host a post-show reception tonight with light appetizers and a cash bar to benefit the theater’s building fund.
Tickets are $25 for employees, $20 for GRCC retirees, and $15 for students with a valid student ID. The box office opens at 7 p.m. For more information, click here.
A collaboration between the theater and music departments, the script was written by retired English professor Walt Lockwood and James Schafer, coordinator of video broadcasting and distribution. The music department created the play’s original compositions.
Open Door directors Michelle Urbane, Fred Sebulske and Duane Davis have assembled a talented cast from GRCC students, alumni and community members:
- Lisa Butler, as Pat Pulliam.
- Jon Clausen, as Arthur Andrews, Frank McCarthy and Apple Tech.
- Robbie Ellis, as Jack, a baseball player, Michael in addition to being a vocalist and dancer.
- Craig Hammerlind, as John Tirrell and Director.
- Madeline Jones, as Jill.
- Todd Lewis, as Jesse Buttrick Davis.
- Sammy Publes, as Juan Olivarez.
- Jim Schafer, as Steven Ender.
- Calin Skidmore, as Dick Calkins.
- Tracey Walker, as Anne Mulder.
- Ellie Frances, as a female student, in addition to being in an ensemble, a vocalist and a dancer.
- Solomon Gant, as a male student in addition to being in an ensemble.
- Jerry Jones, as a male student in addition to being in an ensemble.
Music faculty member Brian Morris will lead the orchestra: Brandan Grinwis, David Hay and Debora DeWitt. Thomas Moss was the rehearsal accompanist.
The award-winning design team for Open Door includes: choreographer Kathy Gibson, assistant choreographer Ellie Frances, stage manager Chris Carnevale, scenic designer Christian Poquette, lighting designer Catherine Marlett Dreher, costume designer Marcia VanKuiken, assistant costume designer Jamie Heeringa, projection designer David Kolenda, sound designer Kyle Los, properties designer Tracey Walker and hair designer Neil Trevisan.