The Exercise Science Department is seeking nominations for GRCC’s 2nd Annual Wellness Student of the Year Award! Successful completion of the Wellness Credit Requirement, or current enrollment in the Wellness Credit Requirement is the only criteria for the student.
Please include with your nomination how the student has met the Institutional Learning Outcome of Personal Responsibility in the following 6 areas:
All nominations will be considered! Please email your nominations to Jodi Gee, email@example.com by March 13th, 2015.
College notes: EGR’s Marcus Hall finds new home playing basketball at Northern Michigan
Feb. 12, 2015; MLive
… WOMEN’S BASKETBALL
… Sara Karamol, Grand Rapids Community College: The sophomore forward has been a double-double machine this season. Karamol (Rockford) had 10 points and 10 rebounds in a 64-56 win over Ancilla on Feb. 11. Karamol, who is averaging 11.6 points and 10.6 rebounds, has had nine double-doubles for the Raiders (5-14).
The Diversity Learning Center will host a February 19 showing of the documentary “Miss Representation” to benefit women entrepreneurs in Grand Rapids.
Tue Feb 17, 2015 from 9-11 AM in Room 125 Calkins Science Center
Participants will learn how to empower and engage others in order to reach shared goals. Specific tactics for setting goals, promoting expectations of success, reinforcing valued behaviors, and building trust and cooperation are explored. Styles of motivation are also discussed.
Workshop facilitated by Kathy Pyatt.
This workshop is open to all staff and faculty. Registration is available online at http://grcc.edu/staffdevelopment/currentlearningopportunitiesregistration or by calling Staff Development at ext. 4285.
Changes were recently made to several college policies:
Summary of changes:
Revised Policy 3.7 Contracting Authority
- Added provision which requires agreements for goods or services in excess of $1000 to be authorized by the Budget Control Officer and reviewed by the Director of Purchasing. This change makes this policy consistent with the Purchasing Policy.
Revised Policy 11.15 Purchasing Policy
- Added provision under Procedures (Section X, paragraph F) requiring best economic approach, e.g. purchase vs. lease alternative analysis
- Added provision under Procedures (Section X, paragraph F) for periodic review for procurement duplication
- Updated non-discrimination paragraph to reflect updated EEO statement
Revised Policy 11.6 Use of College Equipment off College Property
- Format Changes
- Updated “use agreement” under Related Documents to “Acceptable Use Agreement”
- Removed VP Finance/Admin from contacts
- Added Procurement Specialist to contacts
- Deleted cell phones and palm pilots (college no longer provides)
- Added provision under Section X, Paragraph C, subsection 1 to include statement “college equipment assigned to employees for their normal daily work is exempt from this procedure.”
Revised 14.5 Campus Closing Due to Inclement Weather & Emergency Conditions
- Added provision under Section X, Paragraph B, subsection 1 to include delayed start option
- Modified factors considered in the decision to close:
- Removed evaluation of local businesses closing
- Added consideration of the current weather conditions and anticipated length of storm
- Modified statement under Section X, Paragraph B to indicate 5:30 AM as a target decision time (the decision may not always be made at that exact time).
Upcoming LLC hour adjustments:
- Feb 28-Mar 1, 2015 Classes in session; regular weekend hours (Sa 10-2; Su 1-5)
- Mar 2-6 BREAK; Open 8am-5pm with limited services
- Mar 7-8 CLOSED (weekend)
- Apr 4 Classes in session; regular Saturday hours (10am-2pm)
- Apr 5, 2015 CLOSED (based on low use numbers for this Sunday last year, we will close)
One of six adult men will experience sexual assault. One in five young women will be a victim of sexual assault while they are in college. The statistics are staggering. Check out the video below and click here to learn about the resources available at GRCC.