On Tuesday June 9th, Mark Hollis, Athletic Director of MSU, scheduled his annual Coaches on the Road team building event for all his coaches and partners. In the morning, the team worked in the kitchens with students and chefs to produce components of their luncheon. Then Chef Luba and her team teamed up with Chef Charlie and Chef Gilles and their students to serve and plate the three course lunch. “Thank you again for making this year’s Coaches on the Road event as spectacular as you did. Your planning, energy and execution was off the charts and I am grateful that you made our coaches even better than they were before.” Thank you again!, Mark Hollis
Daily Archives: June 22, 2015
Every step counts.
Increasing physical activity is an important step towards a healthier life. People who are physically active can live longer and have a lower risk for heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes, depression, and some cancers. Even if you are inactive, you can benefit from becoming active. Doing some physical activity is better than none.
Commit to walking more each day than you did the day before.
Here are a few tips for adding more walking into your day.
- Park the car at the shopping center and walk to all your nearby errands.
- Find a walking buddy. Meet at the same time most days to go for a brisk walk.
- Host a Walking Meeting—walk and talk over problems with your colleagues for the first 20 minutes then hit the conference room to write down ideas and finish up.
- Make a Walk-and-Talk date with a friend or family member. Skip the latte and do a loop around the neighborhood instead.
- Take a walking lunch break at work. Keep extra shoes and socks in your filing cabinet.
- Walk while you are waiting. Instead of sitting on the bleachers while your child’s at practice, walk around the field. Walk outside the restaurant as you wait for your table to be ready.
Information gathered from: http://www.cdc.gov/features/walking-counts/
Celebrate Liz Tyrell’s retirement on June 23
Please join us on Tuesday, June 23rd, to wish Liz Tyrell well as she begins her retirement! The reception will be held in the ATC 122/124 from 2:00-4:00 p.m.