G.R. business owner Charles Royce Sr. dies
June 21, 2015; WZZM
Grand Rapids businessman and philanthropist Charles Royce Sr. passed away Saturday morning at the age of 90. He graduated from Central High School, Grand Rapids Junior College, now Grand Rapids Community College, and earned an Engineering degree from Marquette University. Royce served on the USS Elkhart after attending Midshipman School in Fort Schuyler, NY. He then returned to Grand Rapids and the family business Royce Rolls Ringer.
This coming Saturday, June 27th, the Bostwick Ramp will be closed all day. The entrance gates will be closed at 8 p.m. Friday night; the exit gates will be closed at 9 p.m. and will remain closed until early Sunday morning. This is due to a scheduled power outage in the Student Center; power will be off in the Student Center from 7 a.m. until work is complete, around 7 p.m.
According to the Cleveland Clinic, here are some health benefits of strength training:
- Increased strength, energy level and endurance
- Improved basal metabolic rate, which helps burn calories more efficiently
- Increased lean body mass and muscle tone, leading to greater satisfaction with your body
- Improved bone density and decreases the risk of bone fractures in the elderly
- Possible positive effect on glucose tolerance and insulin sensitivity
- More independence and self-confidence, and prevent falls in the elderly
- Improved sense of well-being.
Come and join any of the employee wellness classes offered here at GRCC for employees and their families!
Students in Sharon Palmitier’s business ethics class took a field trip to Guiding Light Mission last week. The Rev. Ken Kraft, development and partner relations manager, led them on a tour. They learned that Guiding Light works with men on jobs and recovery and relies on donations from corporations and individuals to fund its work.
Students donated backpacks, laundry bags and tote bags to the organization.
GRCC’s Lakeshore campus collected books for the Ready for School program. The books will be distributed to preschoolers in the Holland, Zeeland and Hamilton districts.