According to the Cleveland Clinic, here are some health benefits of strength training:
- Increased strength, energy level and endurance
- Improved basal metabolic rate, which helps burn calories more efficiently
- Increased lean body mass and muscle tone, leading to greater satisfaction with your body
- Improved bone density and decreases the risk of bone fractures in the elderly
- Possible positive effect on glucose tolerance and insulin sensitivity
- More independence and self-confidence, and prevent falls in the elderly
- Improved sense of well-being.
Come and join any of the employee wellness classes offered here at GRCC for employees and their families!