You are invited to nominate a GRCC Retired Faculty or Administrator for the Emeritus Faculty Award. This award was established in 1985 to honor those instructors/administrators whose dedication and creativity have left an indelible mark on the lives of students and colleagues at GRCC. During their tenure at GRCC and since their retirement, they have continued to promote GRCC’s “Commitment to Excellence” as illustrated by the GRCC values described in the narrative forms.
Nominations need to be submitted to the Provost Office by noon on Friday, February 19, 2016. For more information — and to submit a nomination — you may visit the website at: http://www.grcc.edu/provost/2014grccemeritusaward
NEW for 2016
All benefited employees will receive new Affordable Care Act tax form(s) in the mail. The form(s) contains information regarding Employer-Provided Health Insurance Offer and Coverage that you may need to report as part of your 2015 tax return. Additional information from HR Benefits will be provided in January 2016.
Verify Personal Information
Update your Tax Withholding Forms
- New 2016 tax forms should be completed if your filing status or exemption allowances have changed.
- If you are currently claiming exempt, to not have any withholding for Federal or State taxes, you are required to complete a new 2016 W-4 no later than February 1, 2016.
- 2016 tax forms will be available in January on the payroll web page at http://cms.grcc.edu/payrollandbenefits/forms.
Print a copy of your December 31, 2015 pay stub with year to date information
- If you would like a copy of your last 2015 pay stub with year to date information, please be sure to print it no later than Thursday, January 7, 2016. Year to date information will only be available on your last pay stub of 2015, until we process the first check of 2016.
For Informational Purposes Only
- The 2016 Social Security tax rate is schedule to remain 6.2%, and the Medicare tax rate remains 1.45%.
- The 2016 social security wage base will remain $118,500.00.
- The 2016 limitation for elective deferrals under a 403(b) or 457(b) will remain at $18,000 and the additional catch up provision for individuals age 50 and over will remain $6,000.00.
The APSS employee group is collecting donations for the Grand Rapids Home for Veteran’s, from 10/16 – 12/18/15, for the Holiday season. Your support is needed. Thank you.
- Gift cards or certificates to fast food restaurants
- (such as McDonald’s)
- Small lap blankets
- 100 piece puzzles
- Stationery sets
- Personal toiletries such as body wash, mouthwash, deodorant, cologne (for men or women)
Donations will be accepted at the following locations:
- Colleen Copus (x2103) – Math Tutorial Lab – (Rm 105) Cook Bldg.
- Julie Otte (x3490) – Human Resources – (2nd Floor) Cook Admin Bldg.
- Janice Holton (x4129) – Rm 118 Main Bldg.
- Janis Qualls (x4248) – Rm 320 – Science Bldg.
- Theresa Kent-Williams – (x4389) – College Success Ctr – Rm 113 Sneden Hall
- Kim Musser (x4253) – College Park Plaza – 2nd Floor Lobby
Proceeds from Fall Jazz Night go toward the Ray Gill Instrumental Jazz Scholarship:
Today is the day — it’s #GivingTuesday! Join the Grand Rapids Community College family and community as we come together for one common purpose: to celebrate generosity and to give.
See why GRCC Foundation donor, Armen Oumedian, says giving is important.
To show your support for #GivingTuesday and the GRCC Foundation, click here.