Professional Development Opportunities:
- Perhaps you have heard the phrase “doing business at the speed of trust.” What exactly does that mean? Practical communication will be outlined to help facilitate difficult conversations and overcome differences to obtain shared goals. If you would like to learn more, please join us for a Building Trust within Your Team workshop on Friday, December 11, 2015 from 1:00pm – 3:00pm!
- Everything you need to know about making good choices while dining out! Learn about hidden calories, sneaky ingredients, and what is really on your plate through our Sensible Tips for Eating Out workshop. Dawn Davies, Public Health Nutrition & Wellness Educator from the Kent County Health Department, will be introducing us to beneficial strategies for healthy eating while dining out. Join us Friday, December 11, 2015 from 10:00am – 11:00am!
Please register at http://www.grcc.edu/humanresources/staffdevelopment/learningopportunitiesregistration
The GRCC Bookstore is having a 2 Day pre-holiday sale on Gift and Clothing items! Stock up on your cold weather gear, GRCC logo clothing or pick up a gift! Most Dell laptops are also discounted (see below). Clearance items are not included in this sale.
Apparel and Gifts
20% Off – Purchase of One item
25% Off – Purchase of Two items
30% Off – Purchase of Three or MORE items
Selected Dell Notebooks
$100 Off! (in-stock only)
Dell Inspiron 14 5000 I3 4GB RAM 1TB
Dell Inspiron 14 5000 I5 8GB RAM 1TB
Dell Inspiron 11 Flip 4GB RAM 500GB
Police continue search for shooter after 2 killed at Holland apartment
Dec. 7, 2015; MLive
HOLLAND, MI — A man and a woman were shot to death in a Holland apartment Monday night, and police are looking for the shooter.
… Grand Rapids Community College’s Lakeshore campus was placed on lockdown early during the investigation. Students have since been released, (Capt. Jack) Dykstra said.
How Michigan colleges fight sex assaults with state grants
Dec. 7, 2015; MLive
From lessons in bystander intervention to self-defense classes, Michigan colleges say new state grants are helping them boost efforts to prevent campus sexual assault.
The five Grand Rapids-area colleges — Aquinas College, Calvin College, Davenport University, Ferris State University and Grand Rapids Community College — are using the grants to launch programs and educate students about sexual consent and resources for sexual assault victims.
Once again, at the Holiday Breakfast we are asking Employees to bring food to donate to the Food Pantry. We’d love to restock the pantry before Holiday Shutdown. Here is a list of most needed items:
- Cans of Tuna*
- Cans of Chicken*
- Canned Stew
- Canned Chili
- Pork and Beans
- Spaghetti Sauce*
- Kidney Beans
- Peanut Butter*
- Instant Potatoes
- Canned Fruits
- Fruit Cups
- Dried Fruits
- Juice Boxes
- Macaroni and Cheese*
- Cans of Ravioli/SpaghettiO’s*
- Hamburger Helper
- Boxed Meals*
- Boxes of Cereal*
- Instant Oatmeal (individual packets) *
- Cereal Bars
- Pancake Mix
- Pop Tarts
- Muffin Mix
On the Go/Snacks
- Tortilla Chips
- Granola Bars*
- Microwave Popcorn
- Easy Mac*
- Microwaveable Non-Frozen Meals*
- Toilet Paper
- Feminine Hygiene
- Laundry Detergent
- Dryer Sheets
*Indicates high demand items
The Office of Student Life and Conduct sends a Raider Salute to the Business Department for donating $150 in Meijer gift cards to benefit the GRCC Student Food Pantry.
It’s that time of year again, and we are looking for volunteers to help staff the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Commemoration Program and Community Peace March on Monday, January 18.
Please consider signing up to help! Click here to sign up on the volunteer spreadsheet.
If you experience any issues with the sign up process, please contact Kaylee Wolff at email@example.com or extension 4039. Thank you for your commitment to our students! Your help is greatly appreciated!
It’s that time of year again, and we are looking for volunteers to help staff the Winter 2016 Information/Roaming Stations, Monday, January 11 – Tuesday, January 12.
Please consider signing up to help! This system does not work without a LOT of wonderful vounteers. The links for sign up spreadsheets are listed below.
- 4th Floor Main Information Station Sign-Up – click here
- Sneden 1st Floor Information Station Sign Up – click here
If you experience any issues with the sign up process, please contact Ashleigh Begres at firstname.lastname@example.org or extension 2477. Thank you for your commitment to our students! Your help is greatly appreciated!