Upcoming professional development opportunities:
- Kimberly DeVries will be presenting on our Transgender Policy. She will be highlighting our new procedures for preferred name changes and email address changes, as well as explain our processes in this area. The discussion will include the overarching goals of our policy, and how employees can assist in fulfilling those goals. Questions are welcome on the policy, procedures, and how to aid students in accessing our processes. Please join us on Wednesday, April 13th from 9:30am – 11:00am!
- Feeling stressed, scattered, overworked, and/or overstimulated? Let us help you find your balance by practicing techniques such as centeredness, detached observation, breathing, and guided imagery. Join us for our Mindfulness for Better Health workshop on Friday, April 22nd, from 10:00am – 11:00am.
- RUN! HIDE! FIGHT! Join us for a 90 minute Active Shooter training session presented by our very own Police Chief, Rebecca Whitman. This course will describe what an active shooter is, detail the “Run, Hide, Fight” response, explain ways to recognize and report potential threats to our campus, as well as answer any questions you may have. Whether you’re a new employee completing compliance trainings or an existing employee who would like a refresher, we would love to have you join us on Monday, February 8th from 3:00pm – 4:30pm.
- Formation retreats are a long-standing tradition at GRCC and this year, we are once again pleased to offer this opportunity to faculty and staff. Based on the work of Dr. Parker Palmer, formation is a three-day, two-night professional development opportunity in which participants reflect on what they believe about their work, reconnect to the passion that brought them to the work, and renew themselves as practitioners. Two retreats will be held this year, both at the picturesque Gilchrist Retreat Center near Three Rivers, Michigan. The Introduction to Formation Retreat will run from May 11 – 13, and the Continuing Formation Retreat for prior participants will be held May 8 – 10. The retreats are offered at no cost to GRCC employees, but enrollment in each retreat is limited to 10 participants, so register early. If you would like more information, visit the GRCC Formation Retreat web page at www.grcc.edu/formation . Again, enrollment is limited, so register today!
- Join us for an in-depth conversation examining how the dis-ease of racism affects all people in our daily environments. The Institute for Healing Racism is a powerful, thought provoking workshop intended to bring people together to explore issues of race and racism in a two part series held Thursday, May 19th from 8:45am – 5:00pm and Friday, May 20th from 9:00am – 3:30pm.
Please register at: http://www.grcc.edu/humanresources/staffdevelopment/learningopportunitiesregistration