GRCC Renames Bob And Aleicia Woodrick Center For Equity And Inclusion
Aug. 12, 2016; Grand Rapids Times
GRAND RAPIDS, MI — Grand Rapids Community College (GRCC) announced recently a new name for The Bob and Aleicia Woodrick Diversity Learning Center. Renamed to the Bob and Aleicia Woodrick Center for Equity and Inclusion, the center will continue and expand its work and its social justice mission.
After announcing the roll-out of the Google Apps Suite on Monday, August 15th, we hope you’ve had a chance to log into your account and look around! Your new Google Apps account will include the following services: Unlimited Drive space, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms, Photos, Hangouts, Groups, Contacts, Google+, Maps, and YouTube.
Here are some of the key benefits we think you’ll enjoy:
- Lots of storage: You get an unlimited amount of online storage for your Drive!
- Integrated chat and video-conferencing: With Google Hangouts, you can communicate instantly with your coworkers right from Google Drive, as a chat or video-conference.
- File storage and sharing: With Google Drive, you can store just about any type of file, open it and work on it right in your web browser, and quickly invite others to work or view it. You can also access Drive from any smart device.
- Real-time collaboration: Using Google Docs, you can create documents, spreadsheets, and presentations, and you and your team members can view and edit them at the same time. You can still use your GroupWise email, but now you’ll have more options for storing and collaborating on your documents.
What information will I be allowed to store on Google Apps?
A full sensitive data guide is available on our Google Apps Security Policy Page.
Will the IT department provide assistance during the transition?
To get you up to speed quickly, we’ve added a reference guide in Blackboard for you to quickly self-resolve any questions you may have. Simply, look for the Google Apps Resources in the courses section of your Blackboard account. Additionally, in seat training and overview sessions are being offered through Staff Development. You can sign up for them here.
You can also visit the Google Apps Learning Center for guides, tips and examples of how to make the most of your new services.
As always, members of the IT Customer Support Team will also be available to answer your questions or resolve any issues you encounter.
The latest schedule, through August 26, for the College Channel includes the August 15 board of trustees meeting.
The Center for Teaching Excellence and the Distance Learning & Instructional Support Department will be hosting an open house August 25th, 26th, and 29th. We encourage all faculty members to come in with any questions, comments, or concerns about their classes, online teaching, instructional technologies, and anything else relating to distance learning. The open house will take place during the following hours:
- 2:00 P.M. to 6:00 P.M. — Thursday, August 25th
- 1:00 P.M. to 4:00 P.M. – Friday, August 26th
- 3:00 P.M. to 7:00 P.M. – Monday, August 29th
We are Located on the third floor of the main building, rooms 316 for DLIT and room 308 for the CTE.