Business Department launches Business Cafe
The faculty of GRCC’s Business Department are trying out a new academic advising model this fall entitled the Business Café Series.
Throughout the semester, at different days and times, a business faculty member will be available to discuss various topics related to careers in business, advising, transferring, and more. The sessions are held in the Business Tutorial Lab in room 201 Cook Academic Hall. This is a drop-in conversation, so students may stay for the entire hour or for 5 minutes and enjoy some free coffee and snacks. The dates, times, and topics for each week are listed in the table below. You can also find more details on our webpage at grcc.edu/businesscafe.
Last week, GRCC’s Assistant Professor Mark Jasonowicz, along with Ariane Bishop and Alex Ruedger from Accountemps, discussed careers in accounting, the educational requirements for various accounting positions, as well as accounting-related job opportunities in the West Michigan area. We had 23 students attend this session and the feedback was great!
- “So, You Want to Be a Bronco?” with Jeff Spoelman, 8-9:30 a.m. September 21.
- “Careers in Marketing and Management,” with Glenn Gelderloos and Felix Pereiro, 4-5 p.m. September 26.
- “Careers and Opportunities in the Nonprofit Industry,” with Orletta Caldwell, 4:30-7 p.m. October 5.
- “Email Like a Pro: This Is Not a Text,” with Ann Alexander, 9-10 a.m. October 12.
- “I Want to Major in Accounting: Now What?” with Richard Barnhart, 4:45-5:45 p.m. October 18.
- “Pursuing a Law-Related Career,” with Garry Brand, 3-4 p.m. October 27.
- “MWest Challenge,” with Matheta Righa, 2:15-3:15 p.m. November 1.
- “Entrepreneurship & Starting Your Own Business,” with Felix Pereiro, 11 a.m. to noon November 7.
- “Transferring to GVSU for Business,” with Jennifer Knauf, 12:30-2:30 p.m. on November 7.
- “Transfer Resources,” with Brent Spitler, 1-2 p.m. November 16.
Tags: business departmentYou can comment below, or link to this permanent URL from your own site.