Community colleges could more easily expand their tax districts under proposed legislation
Dec. 2, 2016; MLive
Ottawa County has plenty to brag about: Strong population growth, low unemployment and miles of Lake Michigan shoreline that residents from throughout Michigan and beyond flock to each summer.
… Grand Rapids Community College and Muskegon Community College have campuses in Ottawa, but students there pay a higher out-of-district tuition rate, because the county is outside each college’s tax collection district. The higher rate can put a financial squeeze on cash-strapped students and keep some from enrolling altogether, college officials say.
Former Haslett, Ferris player Lampman a special-teams ace for Saints
Dec. 2, 2016; USA Today
Almost every possible roadblock has gotten in the way of Jake Lampman while he has pursued his dream of playing in the NFL.
… (Tony) Annese joined the Bulldogs after leading the now-defunct Grand Rapids Community College football team to a 30-4 record in three seasons.
Inside the Game: Saints vs. Lions Connections
Dec. 1, 2016; neworleanssaint.com
… Saints Wide Receivers Coach John Morton played at Grand Rapids Community College and then played at Western Michigan from 1991- 92.
The latest schedule, through Dec. 9, for the College Channel includes the board of trustees’ presidential selection meeting.
2016 W-2 Availability
- Electronic W-2’s will be made available to employees who have given consent by January 17, 2017
- Paper W-2’s will be mailed to employees who have not given consent to receive them electronically on January 31, 2017. Paper W-2’s will not be available for pick up in Human Resources.
Verify Your Personal Information
Update your Tax Withholding Forms
- Complete new city tax form(s) if you moved in or out of the cities of Grand Rapids or Walker.
- New 2017 tax forms should be completed if your filing status or exemption allowances have changed.
- If you are currently claiming exempt, to not have any withholding for Federal or State taxes, you are required to complete a new 2017 W-4 no later than February 1, 2017.
- 2017 tax forms will be available in January on the payroll web page at http://www.grcc.edu/humanresources/payroll/forms
Print a copy of your December 30, 2016 pay stub with year to date information
- If you would like a copy of your last 2016 pay stub with year to date information, please be sure to print it no later than Thursday, January 5, 2017. Year to date information will only be available on your last pay stub of 2016, until we process the first check of 2017.
1095-C Tax Form
- All benefited employees will receive a tax form 1095-C from Next Generation Enrollment (NGE) in the mail. The form contains information regarding Employer-Provided Health Insurance Offer and Coverage that you may need to report as part of your 2016 tax return.
For Informational Purposes Only
- The 2017 Social Security tax rate is schedule to remain 6.2%, and the Medicare tax rate remains 1.45%.
- The 2017 social security wage base will increase to $127,200.00.
- The 2017 limitation for elective deferrals under a 403(b) or 457(b) will remain at $18,000 and the additional catch up provision for individuals age 50 and over will remain $6,000.00