2016 W-2 Availability
- Electronic W-2’s will be made available to employees who have given consent by January 17, 2017
- Paper W-2’s will be mailed to employees who have not given consent to receive them electronically on January 31, 2017. Paper W-2’s will not be available for pick up in Human Resources.
Verify Your Personal Information
- Verify your personal information through GRCC self-service by following the instructions found at http://www.grcc.edu/payrollandbenefits/forms/yearend. Any personal information changes should be emailed to Human Resources at email@example.com no later than January 6, 2017 to be reflected on your 2016 W-2.
Update your Tax Withholding Forms
- Complete new city tax form(s) if you moved in or out of the cities of Grand Rapids or Walker.
- New 2017 tax forms should be completed if your filing status or exemption allowances have changed.
- If you are currently claiming exempt, to not have any withholding for Federal or State taxes, you are required to complete a new 2017 W-4 no later than February 1, 2017.
- 2017 tax forms will be available in January on the payroll web page at http://www.grcc.edu/humanresources/payroll/forms
Print a copy of your December 30, 2016 pay stub with year to date information
- If you would like a copy of your last 2016 pay stub with year to date information, please be sure to print it no later than Thursday, January 5, 2017. Year to date information will only be available on your last pay stub of 2016, until we process the first check of 2017.
1095-C Tax Form
- All benefited employees will receive a tax form 1095-C from Next Generation Enrollment (NGE) in the mail. The form contains information regarding Employer-Provided Health Insurance Offer and Coverage that you may need to report as part of your 2016 tax return.
For Informational Purposes Only
- The 2017 Social Security tax rate is schedule to remain 6.2%, and the Medicare tax rate remains 1.45%.
- The 2017 social security wage base will increase to $127,200.00.
- The 2017 limitation for elective deferrals under a 403(b) or 457(b) will remain at $18,000 and the additional catch up provision for individuals age 50 and over will remain $6,000.00