Greenville’s Syrjala signs to play baseball for Grand Rapids Community College
Dec. 19, 2016; The Daily News (Greenville)
GREENVILLE — Calvin Syrjala was getting looked at by a couple of Division 1 college baseball teams.
Instead, Syrjala decided community college is the way to go, signing a letter of intent last week to play for Grand Rapids Community College (GRCC).
Celebrate a GRCC woman! Have someone you admire join the women who have been honored through Salute to Women since 1999. Recognition of the award recipients is part of Women’s History Month and is celebrated through a formal reception on Tuesday, March 28, 2017.
Our faculty and staff members did a great job pitching in to save energy for our Thanksgiving break. Thank you! Here’s your reminder that the Winter Break is almost upon us and this shutdown period is one of the most important of the year for saving energy. As you prepare for longer break, take a few minutes to ready your area for this vital shutdown:
- Refrigerators should be unplugged, cleaned out with its doors propped open. We recommend that this be completed at least one day prior to staff leaving for the shutdown so the unit can be monitored for excessive melting of built up ice in the freezer area:
- Unplug the unit
- Empty the appliance of all food
- Block the door open so air can circulate and discourage mildew
- Power down all copiers/printers /scanners
- Unplug equipment such as computers/monitors/speakers, radios, televisions, mobile phone chargers, and power supplies for laptops, cell phones, etc. (These devices may continue to consume power when plugged in even when they are not connected to the device)
- Turn off classroom equipment including Smartboards, projectors, etc.
- Check to make sure all equipment is switched off in meeting rooms
- Please be aware that personally owned space heaters are prohibited. If you have a personally owned space heater on campus it is recommended that you take it with you when you leave for the holiday break.
- Power off/unplug all unnecessary lab equipment
- Ensure all fume-hood sashes are closed, and all fume-hood lights are turned off