Phi Theta Kappa chapter nominated for 7 awards at national conference
GRCC’s Phi Theta Kappa chapter is up for seven awards at the National Nerd Nation Conference in April:
- Distinguished Chapter Officer Team — Nominees are Morgan Brown, Gino Gonzalez, Caleb Graveldinger, Alexander Brown and Marcus Barissi.
- Michael Bennet Lifetime Achievement Award — Nominee is President Ender.
- Honors in Action Chapter Project Award.
- College Project Award.
- Top 100 Chapters Award.
- Distinguished Chapter Award.
- Distinguished Chapter Advisor Team Award — Nominees are Erin Busscher and Lynnae Selberg.
The chapter earned 5-Star status again this year.
GRCC is also one of two Michigan community colleges that had members accepted to present at the conference this year. The two presentations are:
- “Can You See Me?” — How understanding your perspective and personal assumptions can improve your ability to be a successful team member and communicate effectively.
- “Do You Know Your Numbers? What College Students Need to Know about Financial Aid, Credits Scores, Loans, Default Management and Budgeting” — This was the chapter’s “Honors in Action” project this year.
Phi Theta Kappa members have been fundraising for their expenses to attend the conference. They’re holding a pie-in-the-face benefit during the home basketball games on Jan. 27. For only $1, you can throw a pie in the face of PTK members — or anyone else who volunteers. The women’s game starts at 5:30 p.m., and the men’s team takes the court at 7:30 p.m. You will find Phi Theta Kappa near the concession stands at the fieldhouse.
Explore posts in the same categories: Uncategorized
Tags: Phi Theta KappaYou can comment below, or link to this permanent URL from your own site.