Photos from Honors Program celebration
On Wednesday, April 12, the Department of Experiential Learning hosted the GRCC Honors Program Completion Reception. Ten students were recognized for completing the Honors Program this year. Emceed by the director of Experiential Learning, Michael Schavey, guests enjoyed an amazing dinner, a speech from a fellow Honors student, Sam Slaw and received their program completion certificates and commencement cords.
In addition to meeting degree and transfer requirements, these students worked diligently to complete both Honors Courses and Honors Contracts. Additionally, these students attended co-curricular activities like the Diversity Lecture Series, exposing them to new ways of thinking, or engaged our community through service learning like tutoring in our Writing Lab of packing lunches at Kids’ Food basket. We asked them to participate in our social events like Painting with Honors, the GVSU/GRCC Honors Game Night or, recently, the Honors Networking event that paired students with professionals in the field. These experiences bring students together, forming an Honors community of both future scholars and leaders.
The students who complete the program this year are:
- Morgan Brown, returning to GRCC.
- Dayna Dunneback, transferring to Grand Valley State University to study Speech Pathology.
- Lilly Duyck, transferring to Grand Valley State University to study Psychology.
- Caleb Graveldinger, transferring to Grand Valley State University to Physical Therapy.
- Kayla Musil, transferring to the University of Michigan.
- Carrie Rister, possibly transferring to Grand Valley State University or to Ferris State University.
- Elaina Sagorski, transferring to Grand Valley State University to study Psychology.
- Sam Slaw, possibly transferring to Brandis University or the University of Michigan.
- Leo Tokarski, transferring to Ferris State University.
- Jessica Verbeek, earning her Associates in Arts & Science.