Student Employment Services sponsored the annual Student Employee of the Year contest, designed to recognize and reward students for excellent service to our institution. This year, 11 nominations were received and a team of judges scored each nomination letter based upon 5 specific criteria, which are:
- Quality of Work
- Uniqueness of Contribution
On Friday, April 14 all nominees and their supervisors were recognized at a special ceremony/luncheon.
This year’s winner is Gino Gonzalez from Admissions. Gino was nominated by his supervisor, Sandy Gregory. Congratulations, Gino!
Also recognized for their outstanding service to GRCC were the following nominees:
- 1st runner up – Jesus Lopez – Ford Fieldhouse (Nominated by Sue Goeman)
- 2nd runner up – Cynthia Brown – Library (Nominated by Antoinette Harrington)
- Monica Rivera – Adult Education (Nominated by Lorena Aguayo-Marquez)
- *Juan Cisneros – Adult Education (Nominated by Lorena Aguayo-Marquez)
- *Jonathan Thompson – ATC Computer Lab (Nominated by Susan DelRaso)
- Jamal Dawson – Grand Rapids Children’s Museum (Nominated by Maggie Lancaster)
- Onalee Sneller – Grand Rapids Children’s Museum (Nominated by Maggie Lancaster)
- *James Stephens – Facilities (Nominated by Jim Schultz)
- *John Leonard – Facilities (Nominated by Jim Schultz)
- Imari Lamarr – Enrollment Center (Nominated by Tyler Anderson)
Congratulations to all nominees!