Many people prefer to sit face-to-face with their counselor. Many prefer the convenience and increased confidentiality of connecting online from their own home or office. Pine Rest now offers a team of specially trained and credentialed counselors to provide this service option. Research has shown that teletherapy is just as effective as traditional in-person therapy. Employees can schedule appointments the same way they schedule office-based sessions-by dialing 800-442-0809 or 616-455-6210 and stating their wish for the online EAP counseling option. The scheduling Call Center will also check insurance to make certain that if they wish to extend counseling past their free EAP sessions they will be covered.
At 8:08 a.m. May 16, Jeff Vanderveen, from Information Technology, and his wife, Kate, welcomed Thomas John Vanderveen into the world!
Mom and baby are doing great. Thomas weighed 8 lbs and is 21 inches long!
Curriculum operations support team members share a common goal of supporting the work of faculty and staff in order to offer quality courses and programs to GRCC students.
The team oversees the alignment, coordination, and/or implementation of curriculum operations, including the catalog and course and program development, revision and review. They also support all curriculum-related college action projects, department action plans and teaching and learning quality model reports.
Membership represents all of the offices that support student degree completion through curriculum development:
- Sheila Jones, Katie Daniels, Matthew Novakoski and Debbie Dewent, Instructional Support
- Valerie Butterfield, Registrar
- Lynnae Selberg, Counseling and Career Center
- Jennifer Batten and Chris Johnston, School of Arts and Sciences
- Amy Koning, Julie Parks and Pam Miller, School of Workforce Development
- Raynard Ross, Student Success and Retention Services
- Eric Mullen, Enrollment Management and Financial Aid
- Paul Doane, Financial Aid and Scholarships
In the past year the team implemented the following policies:
- Substitutions and Waivers.
- Graduation Requirements.
- Industry Recognized Credentials and Test Credit.
- Challenge Exams and PLA.
The team also assisted with the development of:
- The 2017-18 GRCC college catalog.
- A process for accelerated program development.
- The revision of the curriculum model policy.
- The curricular aspects of the guided pathways initiative.
Throughout the next year this team plans to continue to:
- Implement curriculum-related policies as they are revised and approved through the academic governing council.
- Support the guided pathways initiative.
- Identify ways to ensure the smooth operations of curriculum processes.